Applications Invited for AWDF’s 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence Grant
Organization: African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF)
Apply By: 13 Jul 2020
Grant Amount: 2000 USD
About the Organization:
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is a grantmaking foundation that supports local, national and regional women’s organisations working towards the empowerment of African women and the promotion and realisation of their rights. By specialising in grant-making and focused, tailored movement-building programmes, they work to strengthen and support the work of African women’s organisations. By amplifying and celebrating African women’s voices and achievements, AWDF supports efforts that combat harmful stereotypes, and promote African women as active agents of change.
Call for Proposals: AWDF’s 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence
Theme: Ending Violence, Improving Mental Health and Wellness of Women
African Women’s Development Fund is looking for women’s rights organisations and groups employing innovative approaches, methodologies, tools and resources that show positive results through awareness creation and advocacy to promote women’s mental health and wellness.
AWDF encourages creativity- so send in your exciting ideas for events, public campaigns and other activities towards preventing violence and promoting women’s mental health and wellness.
Projects may include:
- The use of arts, culture and sports to create awareness around Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) and promote women’s mental health and wellness
- Creation of a platform for collective care and to discuss and encourage women, including survivors of violence, to prioritise their mental health and wellness
- The use of media including social media to discuss and promote women’s mental health and wellness
- Organising young women to mobilise around the elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls and promoting women’s mental health
- Creation of a movement to encourage and promote African/local practices that promote mental health and wellness
- Sensitise organisations providing GBV services (legal aid, psychosocial support, counselling, medical care, economic support, etc.) to strengthen the provision of emotional healing and wellness in their various activities.
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with the local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or a well-known national women’s rights organisation
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget not more than $100,000
Grant Size & Period
The grant size is US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
How to Apply
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd