Applications Invited for Australian Alumni Grant Scheme (AAGS) 2021
Organization: Australian Consulate-General, Chennai
Apply By: 10 Feb 2021
Grant Amount: 20000 AUD
About the Organization:
The Australian Consulate-General in Chennai was formally opened on 15th April 2015 by Australian Foreign Minister, the Hon Julie Bishop MP. The Consulate-General focuses on strengthening bilateral relations between India and Australia through political, economic and cultural work in the South Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala as well as the Union Territories of Puducherry and the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Australian Alumni Grant Scheme (AAGS)
Following consultations with Australian alumni networks across India, the Australian Consulate General (ACG) Chennai has developed a grant scheme to support the application, sharing of knowledge and experience gained by Indian alumni during their studies in Australia. The Australian Alumni Grants Scheme (AAGS) intends to strengthen ties between both nations, support alumni in their professional endeavours and improve ‘Australia literacy’ in India. The key objectives are to:
- encourage innovation and collaboration in one or more of key sectors identified in the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and/or India Economic Strategy :Cyber Security; Critical Technology; Critical Minerals; Maritime Cooperation; Education (Edutech); Resources and Mining, Equipment, Technology, Services; Science and Innovation; Agribusiness; Energy; Health; Infrastructure/Urban Development; Financial Services; Sports; Tourism;
- provide alumni with opportunities to enhance and capitalise on their knowledge and skills to improve practice in their professional fields and communities;
- develop, maintain and strengthen professional linkages and partnerships between alumni and the Australian government, and Australian businesses, organisations and educational institutions;
- connect alumni to each other across disciplines and professions, organisations and institutions, and geographic areas in order to share good practice and create opportunities for collaboration;
- develop a network of alumni who view Australia’s capabilities and credentials in a positive light; and
- showcase Australia’s excellence as a global provider of high quality education and research
- The AAGS offers seed funding, on a competitive basis, for initiatives that create impact by putting your knowledge and skills to good use. This pilot provides up to AU$20,000 per grant. Don’t miss this opportunity to bring your ideas to life and be the agent of change in your community.
- Project costs relate to the scope of the grant activity, its complexity, proposed outcomes, and strategic advantage, and should be proportionate with administration and sensible risk management expectations.
- Co-contributions from your organisation and other parties must be included and will be regarded positively.
- The AAGS is open to all Indian nationals (or Australian’s with a valid Overseas Citizenship of India card) who have graduated from a recognised Australian tertiary institution, including those who are self-funded. It is also open to alumni of short-term studies or programs in Australia.
- All applicants must have a valid registered Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act approval or the ability to acquire one prior to receiving Australian government funding as prescribed by the Government of India.
- Australian diplomatic missions have a strong commitment to supporting women, people with disability and those who work in related areas, and strongly encourage them to apply.
Deadline: 23:59 Wednesday 10 February 2021
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd