Applications Invited for DAAD Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany
Organization: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Apply By: 30 Oct 2020
Grant Amount: 1200 Euro
About the Organization:
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) founded in 1925, is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation. The DAAD Regional Office in New Delhi office, established in 1960, promotes academic exchange between Germany and India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany
The aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral projects in Germany.
Who can apply?
- Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
What can be funded?
- Doctoral programmes at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany:
- individual projects under the supervision of a university teacher or academic adviser or
- participation in a structured doctoral study programme
Duration of the funding
- a maximum of four years; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- Grants are initially awarded for a maximum of one year. Extensions depend on whether the selection committee considers the previous award period to have been successfully completed.
- For doctoral projects in Germany that require several years of research, research phases outside Germany can be supported if these are critical for the successful completion of the doctoral degree. Planned stays must be specified in the application in the work and time schedule and should not exceed a quarter of the anticipated total funding period.
What requirements must be met?
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline. If you are already working on a doctoral degree, you should not have started your degree any longer than three years previously.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- The required language level depends on the applicant's study plans and subject: In the arts, social sciences and in law, at least a good knowledge of German is usually expected. For the natural sciences and engineering, proof of good English language skills may also be accepted if English is spoken at the host institute.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd