Applications Invited for Dining for Women Grant 2021
Organization: Dining for Women
Apply By: 24 Oct 2020
Grant Amount: 35000 USD
About the Organization:
Dining for Women is a global giving circle that funds grassroots projects working in developing countries to fight gender inequality. Dining for Women celebrates the power of the individual to see an injustice and act to change it; to see need and act to fill it. Dining for Women’s members are deeply involved in the grantees they support and the problems they seek to address. Their education component is equally as important as their fundraising.
Dining for Women Grant 2021
Dining for Women is an educational giving circle: Their members meet monthly, learn about their featured and sustained grantees, and donate to DFW, allowing us collectively to support grassroots international organizations empowering women and girls living in extreme poverty. They fund projects that foster good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency in developing countries. They are devoted to educating and inspiring individuals to make a difference and fight global poverty through the power of collective giving.
Dining for Women selects a featured grantee each month and promotes it throughout the month at chapter meetings, through mailings, social media and online communications. Grantees are assigned to be featured in a specific month based on issue area and geography.
Dining for Women makes grants of $25,000-35,000 that may be disbursed in one distribution or which may be taken in up to two equal distributions spanning a period of two years.
- To maximize the educational opportunities for DFW members, during the course of a year, DFW will strive to fund projects that address the varied issues, needs, and geography of women and girls
- Projects funded will address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Projects funded will create lasting change in the lives of the women and/or girls who are affected.
- Projects provide solutions that have been identified by the women and/or girls being served and must actively include their perspectives.
- Grantee must be able to demonstrate the direct impact of the project funded and demonstrate methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
- Grantees are sustainable organizations with multiple funding sources.
Requirements for Grantees:
- Grantee must be a US 5.01(c)3 corporation or have a fiscal sponsor which is a US 5.01(c)3 corporation – A fiscal sponsor is a US non-profit organization that provides fiduciary oversight, financial management, and other administrative services to help build the capacity of charitable organizations that do not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation. An applicant that does not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation can submit an application to DFW with a fiscal sponsor if they have a verifiable present relationship with that fiscal sponsor that has been in existence for the past 12 months. The fiscal sponsor would need to satisfy all the DFW grant criteria. We do not accept registration documents issued by any other country.
- Grantee’s relationship with fiscal sponsor must be of at least twelve months’ standing.
- Grantee must demonstrate capacity and on the ground operations in countries with populations of greatest need for a minimum of three years.
- At least half of the members of board of directors of the of the grantee organization must be women at time of application.
- Grantee must demonstrate fiscally responsible practices
- Grantee must provide data regarding the direct impact of the organization’s programs
- Grantee must provide evidence of its monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Grantee must have a website in English unless using a fiscal sponsor
- Grantee must be able provide a video clip at least 5 minutes in length about organization and the funded project upon being selected for a grant.
- Grantee must provide high resolution photographs upon being selected for a grant.
1. Support women and girls living in extreme poverty in developing countries - (defined as living on $1.90 a day or less)
2. Address one or more of the following issues / needs:
- Education and vocational training
- Improved women and girls’ health: Physical health, Emotional /Psychological Health, Maternal Health, Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Economic empowerment
- Clean water, sanitation and healthy environment
- Improved food security, regenerative agriculture, and nutrition
- Human trafficking: prevention, rescue and reintegration
- Leadership training
- Advocacy for policies that promote gender equality, peace and security
Dining for Women does not fund:
- Organizations with political affiliations
- Consolidated funding activities
- Group trusts
- Organizations with religious affiliations
- Membership Campaigns
- Previously funded Featured organizations in our Featured Grants Program.
- Major building projects, land purchases, and large capital expenditures.
- US administrative expenses and US office expenses.
Deadline: 11:45 pm EDT October 24, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd