Applications Invited for Global Support for Women's Economic Empowerment-Access & Reform Implementation by Civil Society
Organization: Office of Global Womens Issues - U.S. Department of State
Apply By: 18 Apr 2021
Grant Amount: 3000000 USD
About the Organization:
The Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues (S/GWI) has a mandate to promote the rights and empowerment of women and girls through U.S. foreign policy. Headed by an Ambassador-at-Large, the office leads the Department’s efforts to empower women and girls in U.S. diplomacy, partnerships, and programs.
Request for Statements for Interest: Global Support for Women's Economic Empowerment - Access and Reform Implementation by Civil Society
Office of Global Womens Issues (S/GWI) has announced a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) outlining concepts and capacity to manage a program that will partner equitably with a range of local, women’s civil society organizations in no fewer than two countries and regions to advance women’s economic empowerment (WEE) by reducing barriers to women’s participation in the economy.
To grow and sustain the leadership of women’s civil society organizations in improving the enabling environment for women’s full and free participation in the economy, including through support to women-led advocacy for legal, regulatory, and policy reform; implementation of such reform; accountability for such reforms; and reduction of social and cultural barriers.
Applicants should propose objectives that:
- Support an enabling environment for WEE: Advance WEE efforts to improve the enabling environment for women’s full and free participation in the economy in no fewer than two countries and regions. This may include support for advocacy and programmatic efforts targeting the development of legal, regulatory, and policy reform; implementation of such reform; accountability for reforms; and reduction of social and cultural barriers to promote an enabling environment for women’s full and free participation in the economy.
- Support to women’s civil society organizations: Partner equitably with a range of local women’s civil society organizations advancing locally designed WEE efforts, including but not limited to organizational capacity-building and technical assistance to advance civil society organizations’ core growth and sustainability.
Organizations submitting SOIs must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S.- or foreign-based non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO); or
- Be a private, public, or state institution of higher education; and
- Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active and equitable partnerships with in-country partners, entities, and relevant stakeholders, including NGOs and private sector actors; and
- Have demonstrable experience administering successful and preferably similar programs in size, scope, and focus. S/GWI reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering federal awards. These applicants may be subject to limited funding on a pilot basis.
- The total $3,000,000 grant funding available under this RSOI must be directed for work to support women’s empowerment.
- At least $2,000,000 of the funding available under this RSOI is directed for work to support women’s leadership.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd