Applications Invited for India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment & Accelerated Commercialization Program
Organization: Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Grant Amount: 75000000 INR
India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerated Commercialization Programme Call for Application from Indian Techno-Entrepreneurs
About the Organization:
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department of Science & Technology plays a pivotal role in promotion of science & technology in the country. The department has wide ranging activities ranging from promoting high end basic research and development of cutting edge technologies on one hand to service the technological requirements of the common man through development of appropriate skills and technologies on the other.
About the Programme:
The India-Russia Joint Technology Assessment and Accelerated Commercialization Programme is a bilateral initiative of India and Russia focused on strengthening the relationship based on Science, Technology and Innovation.
The programme is a joint initiative of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India and Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (FASIE) of the Russian Federation. On the Indian side, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) would be implementing this programme on behalf of the Department of Science & Technology.
Through a rigorous application and evaluation process, the programme aims to identify innovative technologies from India and Russia for
- Joint Development through R&D Collaboration
- Technology Transfer/Adaptation
The key programme objectives are:
- Promote joint research and development (R&D) between India and Russia
- Promote validated technology transfer between India and Russia
- Promote innovation and entrepreneurship development through financial, capacity building, mentorship and business development support to create successful joint enterprises
- Development of a robust S&T and R&D ecosystem to scale mutually-beneficial innovations of both the countries
- Provide financial support to five technology projects per cycle between India and Russia
The program will prioritize, but not limit, applications under the following thematic areas:
- IT & ICT, including AI, AR, VR
- Medicine/ Pharmaceuticals
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Technologies/ Alternative Technologies
- New materials
- Artificial intelligence
- Robotics and drones
- Only S&T-based Indian SMEs and start-ups, as defined and incorporated under the Indian laws are eligible to apply.
- Universities, academic institutions, research organizations, and other public bodies can only participate as subcontractors (30%).
- Must have a prior identified project partner in Russia.
- The maximum funding per project would be INR 1.5 Crore and the applicant must co-finance 50% of the amount requested from DST, GoI.
- Permissive use of funding: Salary, materials, subcontractors, technology modification, design & development, testing & trials, and similar miscellaneous costs.
- Project Duration: 18 to 24 months.
- The program is jointly funded by DST, Govt. of India, and FASIE and will provide access to public funding for the joint selected projects with the participation of at least one SME from Russia and one SME/ Startup from India.
- The project comprises of two annual cycles and five projects will be funded under each program cycle. For each annual cycle of the program, total funding of INR 7.5 Crores will be made available to the Indian entrepreneurs with INR 1.5 Crores committed to each of the top five projects shortlisted.
Deadline: September 30, 2020.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd