Applications Invited for L'Occitane Foundation support with Reforestation or Agroforestry projects
Organization: L’Occitane Foundation
Apply By: 07 Feb 2022
About the Organization
L’OCCITANE founder Olivier Baussan has always been amazed by nature, the exceptional properties of plants, and the incredible powers of their active ingredients. It was only natural that a commitment to protecting nature and the people who surround it would emerge. As the brand has developed, the founder’s values have remained key L'OCCITANE concerns. Various initiatives have been launched including asking customers to bring empty bottles into store so they can be recycled, ensuring producers receive a fair income, and adding braille to most product packaging for the benefit of non-sighted individuals. To complement these activities, L’OCCITANE created the L’OCCITANE Foundation in 2006.
About the Grant
The Foundation encourages L’OCCITANE’s offices worldwide to act locally by identifying and supporting local organizations with reforestation or agroforestry projects.
Rules and Eligibility criteria
- The local project needs to be carried out by organizations of public interest.
- The local project must focus on vegetal biodiversity preservation (Trees plantation for conservation of threatened varieties, reforestation of degraded ecosystems and/or agroforestry practices).
- The local project needs to have measurable results. The number of planted trees, the number & name of protected varieties/species and the surface planted & regenerated thanks to the help of L’OCCITANE are key.
- A project with both measurable short-term effects and long-term impacts is strongly recommended.
- A strong focus will be done on the sustainability of the projects, to become operationally and financially autonomous (including advocacy, awareness raising, local staff training; multiplicity of fundings) and on its capacity to respond to specific local issues.
- The local organization should have office or representation in the country of implementation of the project.
February 7th, 2022
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd