Applications Invited for Membership Research Grant Scheme
Organization: Regional Studies Association
Apply By: 04 Aug 2020
Grant Amount: 5000 Pound
About the organization:
The Regional Studies Association works with its international and interdisciplinary membership to facilitate the highest standards of theoretical development, empirical analysis and policy debate of issues at this sub-national scale, incorporating both the urban and rural and different conceptions of space such as city-regions and interstitial spaces.
About the grant:
This grant aims to reward excellence and support outstanding individual researchers on a topic related to regional studies and regional science. It is intended primarily to provide opportunities for scholars who have already published in the field of regional studies and/or regional science and who are currently individual members of the RSA.
This research funding scheme is intended primarily to provide opportunities for mid-career scholars who have already published in the field of regional studies and or science and who are current Individual Members of the RSA. The full Terms and Conditions governing the grant will be provided to successful applicants as part of the formal grant offer and will be based on the general terms and conditions set out below.
The MeRSA is provided to support a discrete piece of regional studies and/or regional science research. The value of the award is up to £5,000 (or its equivalent in dollars or euros; for your information c. $6,300; c. €5,600). All grant sums are quoted in British Pounds Sterling but can be paid in the appropriate currency subject to exchange rates. The award has a maximum time span of 18 months and reporting conditions apply.
- This award is open to RSA Individual members (excluding student, early career, retired/emeritus or corporate) and in any membership band - A, B, C or D at the time of application.
- Grant holdersmust remain members throughout the duration of the grant and its reporting period which ends12 months after the acceptance of the research report and after the submission of an impact andoutcomes report.
- Members in any territorial band may apply for grant funding.
- The MeRSA Research Grant will only be allocated to a single researcher. Co-authored or team applications are not eligible.
- Grants will normally be awarded to higher education institutions (HEI) or recognized research institutions as grant holders will be subject to the research rules and ethics of their employing institutions. Applicants must be based within an eligible HEI. The RSA will allow applications from researchers on temporary contracts with a recognised HEI provided that evidence is supplied showing that the contract covers as a minimum the period of research and reporting period as defined in the application.
- The grant will be administered through the grant holder`s HEI which will normally be an Institution with degree awarding powers or a national research institute.
- The grant holders will be subject to the research rules, data protection regulation and ethics of their employing institutions.
- Applicants must be members of the Association and remain in membership throughout the period of the grant and reporting period. Recipients of this grant must be a member of the Regional Studies Association at the time of application and remain a member until the end of the reportingperiod and acceptance of the end of award report whichever is the latest.
- Applications from corporate members are not eligible. For clarity, corporate members may not apply for this award either as organisations and nor may individuals as representatives of corporate members.
- No co-funding is possible.
- The project must be solely funded by the Association but applicants may think of using this funding as leverage for further funding for future projects. The grant must be used to fund a discreet project which could for example be a pilot study.
- Members will only receive one award across the three individual RSA research grant schemes(Early Career Grant scheme, MeRSA Research Grant and FeRSA Research Grant scheme) in order to maximize access to Association funding. For clarity – if you have already received an Early Career Research Grant you are not eligible to apply for the MeRSA or FeRSA Grant Schemes. Only one MeRSA Research grant is possible per member.
- Non-shortlisted applicants from a previous round can re-apply once with the same proposal.
- If a similar research application has been submitted or is about to be submitted to any other organisation(s), full details should be provided in the application form. If both are successful, the applicant will have to decide if she/he wishes to accept the MeRSA Grant and turn down the other offer.
- The Association’s grant funding will be acknowledged in all reports, presentations, and publications.
- Career interruptions of less than one month will not be considered. The following types of interruption will be considered:
- career responsibility.
- disruption due to international relocation for research employment not
- exceeding 3 months per international relocation.
- maternity or parental leave; and/or
- unemployment, or non-research employment for a total of one year.
Deadline: 4th August, 2020
Any queries should be addressed to email@example.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd