Applications Invited for News Equity Fund
Organization: Google News Initiative
Apply By: 21 Jul 2022
About the Organization
A more informed world has always been core to Google’s mission.
We believe everyone, everywhere should be able to access a diversity of credible sources to get the information they need. That starts with a news industry that gives every community a voice.
About the Fund
Google has launched a ‘News Equity Fund’, a global commitment to provide financial support and opportunities to news organizations that primarily serve underrepresented communities.
Our aim is to strengthen inclusion, further empower a diverse news ecosystem, and specifically support small and medium sized publishers creating original journalism for underrepresented audiences around the world.
- Small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for underrepresented audiences.
- The News Equity Fund is open to independent newsrooms employing between 1 - 50 full-time journalists (FTE).
- Eligible applicants may include for-profit or nonprofit traditional news organizations, digital natives, newsletters, podcasts, radio and/or TV broadcasters, and trade press associations whose members cover underrepresented groups.
- Eligible applicants should publish journalistic content regularly.
- Eligible applicants need to have a focus on core news provision, i.e. not lifestyle, sports.
- Eligible applicants must have a verifiable digital presence (such as a website primarily providing journalistic content) and have been in full operation for at least 12 months.
- Incorporated or registered associations or organizations, registered academic or non-profit bodies representing underrepresented journalists and organizations are all eligible to apply as long as you are based in one of the eligible geographies.
- Government-owned entities or entities affiliated/owned by a political party are not eligible to apply.
- Only online applications in English will be considered.
How to Apply
Applications open on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 and close on Thursday 21st July 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
You will be asked via our online application form to provide relevant information about your publication, your organization and details of how the funding will be used. By submitting an application, you accept and agree to the News Equity Fund Terms and Conditions. Submissions will be reviewed and funded as quickly as possible from the date of the application window closing. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by email.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd