Applications Invited for PFAN Support
Organization: The Private Financing Advisory Network
Apply By: 31 Oct 2021
Grant Amount: 1000000 USD
About the Organization
The Private Financing Advisory Network is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts.
Bridging the gap between entrepreneurs and investors-
As technology prices continue to fall, clean energy projects become more profitable and the appetite of investors for such projects grows. Now is a time of enormous potential for the development of clean energy capacity around the world. There are many entrepreneurs out there with great ideas for clean energy and climate adaptation projects that are economically viable. However, especially in low- and middle-income countries, the projects and the investment tend to have difficulty finding each other:
- Entrepreneurs simply may lack the connections to find investment, or may be unsure of what investors look for in a business plan
- Investors may find it difficult to assess investment opportunities in markets they are not familiar with
PFAN bridges this gap by helping entrepreneurs build their businesses and present them in a language which investors will understand and be interested in. We then help investors find and recognise the potential of these businesses.
About the Grant
PFAN accepts applications from projects and businesses in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central, South and Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe, Central America and the Caribbean Islands. Click here for a full list of eligible countries.
To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must:
- provide climate change adaptation benefits and/or
- offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services that fall within our areas of work.
Examples of eligible projects
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield and brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
The investment amount, or investment ask, should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
ONLY for energy access and rural electrification projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500,000 and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
PFAN will not be able to support projects in the following sectors, notwithstanding their climate benefits:
- Nuclear origin
- Carbon capture and storage
- Combustion of fossil fuels
- Waste incineration
- Gas venting and flaring
Furthermore, PFAN will not support projects that:
- Are likely to infringe on the protection of critical habitats
- Use banned pesticides and/or chemicals
- Cause involuntary resettlement or physical economic displacement
- Are likely to alter, damage, or remove any cultural heritage and/or sites
- Use forced, trafficked, or child labour
Please also note that PFAN does not accept grant requests as PFAN does not give out grants or other direct forms of financial support.
When Should I submit an Application
Selected PFAN projects undergo intensive one-on-one coaching to perfect their business plans, financial structures and investment pitches. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, and you may submit your application at any time. Applications are evaluated on a quarterly basis after the regularly announced deadlines. If you submit just after the deadline for the next evaluation round, it may take up to three months before your application is evaluated. The application consists of an online form and three documents:
- Project proposal
- Financial model
- Executive summary
For more information please check the link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd