Applications Invited for Proposals for HCI Applications in Environment, Healthcare and Information Technology
Organization: Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi)
Apply By: 18 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi) is an autonomous engineering and technology university located in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh. IIT Mandi is one of eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares these eight IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
Call for Proposal – HCI Applications in Environment, Healthcare, and Information Technology
The Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi under Department of Science and Technology (DST)’s NM-ICPS is inviting research proposals in human computer interaction (HCI) areas
- Environment: The proposals in the environment domain may address problems concerning landslides or damages to flora and fauna of mountain regions for the development and evaluation of interfaces for human decision making against these problems. Research projects in this domain may require the development and evaluation of interfaces for visualization of field-based data and/ or satellite data for monitoring, warning, and predictions about landslides or damages to flora and fauna of mountain regions.
- Healthcare: The proposals in the healthcare domain may perform development and evaluation of interfaces for human decision making in the following areas: CAD for radiology, and augmented reality for disease mitigation. The research proposals in CAD for radiology may involve the development of algorithms and software interfaces and their evaluation for interactive processing, visualization, and interpretation for radiology modalities such as X-ray, CT, structural MRI, and for COVID/ post-COVID screening and quarantine strategies.
- Information Technology (IT): The proposals on IT may address problems concerning the interface development and evaluation in networks (e.g., telecom networks) for improved human decision making. Also, projects may involve multimedia data analytics involving speech, text, image, data analytics, etc. concerning the IT domain. Examples of projects in the network analysis include tasks such as diagnosing and predicting faults, interfaces for visualization of descriptive and predictive analytics for network management, etc.
- The proposals have to be submitted by faculty/scientists working in regular positions in recognized Academic Organization/Public funded R&D Institution/ Laboratories, Central Government/State Government supported or recognized (Public or Private) academia, National/State funded R&D Labs in partnership with S&T based voluntary organization, or DSIR recognized SIRO organization. These institutions may partner with industry organizations for submitting the project proposals (industry collaboration is encouraged; however, not mandatory).
- For Academic Organizations/Public funded R&D Institution/State Government supported or recognized (Public or Private) academia, the Institution needs to be in the NIRF 2020 top-100 universities/institutions list in the engineering or overall category.
- If the Academic Organizations/Public funded R&D Institution/State Government supported or recognized (Public or Private) academia has a rank greater than 100 in NIRF 2020 rankings in engineering or overall category, then they need to participate in the role of a “co-partner” with an Institution having a NIRF 2020 top-100 rank in the engineering or overall category as a “primary partner.”
- Also, universities/institutions that are controlled by the UGC need to be in the UGC 2020 approved list of Institutions. Further, only such private institutes which fall in the above category, and also recognized under 12(B) of UGC Act are eligible.
Duration: Project shall be for a maximum duration of three years
Send the scanned proposal duly signed by the head of the organization along with enclosures in PDF format to email@example.com by the declared deadline.
Deadline: 5 pm on 18th September 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd