Applications Invited for Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS) Grant Program 2021
Organization: Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS)
Apply By: 31 Jan 2021
Grant Amount: 20000 Pound
About the Organization:
SEEDS (Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society) are a not-for profit organisation that enables community resilience through practical solutions in the areas of disaster readiness, response and rehabilitation. SEEDS completed 26 years of outstanding service to humanity in 2020 and are re-anchoring their approach to building resilience through innovation.
SEEDS Funding 2021
It is not a secret that extreme climatic events are not rare occurrences anymore! Hotter summers, colder winters, and unpredictability of weather is common across the world. India is no different in that regard.
The purpose of this initiative, a partnership between SEEDS, ADRRN Tokyo Innovation Hub (ATIH) and Elrha’s Humanitarian Innovation Fund (HIF), is to support the development of local solutions to humanitarian challenges. We are seeking to support local innovation to address challenges relating to heat waves and cold waves in India.
- They invite applications from groups/teams that hope to gain a better understanding of a problem that they are trying to tackle, in order to develop new and improved products and services for managing heat waves or cold waves.
- This application process is to participate in a series of online workshops, which comprise the first phase of the initiative. They are looking for 10 groups to participate in the workshop process. The workshops are designed to guide participants through a process of understanding problems and developing potential solutions.
- Following the workshops, there will be an opportunity for each of the participating groups to apply for funding up to £20,000 (per group) to further explore their ideas over a 9-month period. Funding will be awarded to up to 4 groups with the most promising and achievable idea.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria:
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The lead applicant must be a legally registered national NGO or social enterprise based in India.
- The team must include a good spread of relevant skills and experience (e.g. interest in innovation, expertise in disaster risk reduction, humanitarian response, and experience/ expertise related to the problem identified and articulated in the proposal).
- The team must demonstrate close links with the communities whose problems they are seeking to address.
- Applications submitted by a consortium of organisations will be looked upon favourably.
- Must be available to attend all the online workshops.
The proposal should:
- Focus on a problem that is relevant to the thematic focus outlined in this document (Extreme climatic events – heat waves and cold waves)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of the problem on stakeholders
- Demonstrate an understanding of the expertise required to address the problem articulated
The application process includes submitting an application form, accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- Certificate of Registration
- PAN Number
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Income Tax Return for the last financial year
- FCRA Certificate, if applicable
Deadline: Sunday, 31 January 2021 by 23.30 Hrs IST
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd