Applications Invited for The Habitats Trust Grants to Conserve Natural Habitats and Indigenous Species
Organization: The Habitats Trust
Apply By: 31 Mar 2021
Grant Amount: 12600000 INR
About the Organisation
The Habitats Trust is a coalition of passionate individuals coming together with the aim of securing key habitats and their indigenous species. The mission of the Trust is to create and conserve sustainable ecosystems through strategic partnerships and collaborations with all stakeholders at every level. It envisions India’s natural habitats to be secured for future generations, and all species sharing the planet in all fairness and harmony.
About the Grants
The Habitats Trust Grants aim to recognise and support organisations and individuals working in the field in India to conserve our natural habitats and indigenous species of flora and fauna. Working in a partnership model, the grants facilitate field activities and provide our partners an opportunity to leverage this support to make their work more sustainable.
The Grants are administered for a period of two years.
To know more about the grants, the application and evaluation process, eligibility criteria etc. register to attend the virtual symposiums. Here you can interact with the THT team, previous grants recipients and experts from the field for an enriching and interactive discussion. Click here to know more about the Habitats Trust Grants Symposiums (Virtual)
The Habitats Trust provides grants in the following four categories:
- Strategic Partnership Grant (INR 35 lakhs)
- Lesser-known Habitats Grant (INR 30 lakhs)
- Lesser-known Species Grant (INR 25 lakhs)
- Conservation Hero Grant (INR 15 lakhs)
The objective of The Habitats Trust Grants is to recognise and support the heroes of conservation, organisations and individuals, who work tirelessly against insurmountable odds to protect and preserve India’s natural habitats and indigenous species of flora and fauna.
The Habitats Trust Grants have the following specific objectives:
- To financially support innovative, sustainable and replicable projects, proposed by committed conservationists working to secure a future for India’s habitats and indigenous species.
- To identify the unsung heroes of conservation whose work has had a significant impact in the field, and publish a compendium capturing their work, so their efforts are recognised at a national and international level.
The Habitats Trust Grants recipients are selected through a structured process that measures in detail and depth, the impact of the project, the applicant’s capacity to deliver, and sustainability of the proposed work.
The process consists of four distinct levels of assessments, as listed below:
- First level screening and shortlisting- Successfully submitted applications and projects will be screened for eligibility, relevance of answers and authenticity of information. At the end of the First Level Screening and Shortlisting round, 24 applications, six in each category, will move forward for Field Level Verification.
- Field Level Verification- The Habitats Trust team will visit the proposed project locations and meet with the project teams and relevant stakeholders to verify if details provided by the applicant are true to fact, and to evaluate proposals in the context of the conservation need and on-ground realities.
- Sub Jury Round- Project applications and Field Level Verification findings will be evaluated by the Sub-Jury of institution leaders, following which twelve shortlisted applicants, three in each category, will move forward to the final Jury Round.
- Jury Round- The twelve short listed applicants, three in each category, will be invited to present their proposed projects in person to our Jury of eminent conservationists at the Jury Round. Recipients of The Habitats Trust Grants are announced at a Felicitation Event following the Jury Round.
Read the Grant Guidelines here
To know more about the Grants, click here
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd