Applications Invited for Urban Development Technology Innovation Challenge
Organization: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Apply By: 04 Dec 2020
Grant Amount: 500000 USD
About the Organization:
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping their developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
Urban Development Technology Innovation Challenge
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has announced a call for applications for the Urban Development Technology Innovation Challenge to undertake a proof-of-concept/pilot of a high-level technology solution to address an identified development challenge.
The purpose of the TIC grant is to introduce new solutions in ADB’s developing member countries (DMCs) and thereby support ADB’s mandate in assisting DMC’s to reach the Sustainable Development Goals. Through TIC, DMCs will learn about new technology solutions to address various development challenges, and technology providers’ risks related to market entry may be reduced by showcasing their technologies.
The proposed technology or solution has to be new to the country or to the context with improved efficiency, impact, and/or life-cycle cost compared to existing solutions. However, the technology should have been tested and verified before in another country or context.
This competition includes two challenges:
Design Inclusive Cities with Data-informed Tools:
- ADB is seeking to pilot technological solutions (i) that deliver data-driven insights for local governments and city planners, bringing to light gaps, inequalities and risks which affect vulnerable urban populations, and (ii) that guide evidence-based planning and decision-making that gives voice to vulnerable populations and facilities their participation in a transparent process.
Promote Efficient Wastewater Treatment and Sanitation:
- ADB is seeking to pilot technology solutions for more effective and efficient planning, operation and/or maintenance of wastewater treatment and sanitation facilities, in order to provide uninterrupted, affordable and safe services to urban communities.
Expected outputs from the TIC include:
- Verified results of a proposed HLT solution related to a development challenge;
- Publication of lessons learned by all parties;
- Reference site and results for ADB and future ADB borrowers;
- Recommendation for next steps for scale-up; and
- Proposed commercial model for future ADB-funded implementation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
The Applicant(s) registered as one of following entities:
- Not-for-profit organization;
- Civil society organization;
- Research institution;
- Government-owned enterprise (must be legally and financially autonomous of the government in the implementation country).
- The Applicant(s) provide at least 10% of the total project cost in co-financing.
- The Applicant(s) have the Intellectual Property Rights, through ownership or licenses, to use the technology solution.
- Applicant(s) confirms they are not sanctioned by ADB or the UN Security Council.
- The selected proposal can receive up to $500,000 grant, and technology providers must co-finance at least 10% of the total cost. Two proposals are expected to be awarded under the Urban Development TIC.
Deadline: Friday 12PM (noon), 4 December 2020 (Philippines Time = UTC +8)
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd