Applications Invited for the Keeling Curve Prize 2023
Organization: Global Warming Mitigation Project
Apply By: 10 Feb 2023
Grant Amount: 35000 USD
About the Organization
The Global Warming Mitigation Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that exists to pave the way to a livable future; we bring visibility, credibility, and funding to science-backed climate solutions across the globe while providing inclusive and positive opportunities for individuals, companies, and organizations to contribute to climate mitigation efforts.
About the Grant
The cornerstone of GWMP is our Keeling Curve Prize, awarded annually to multiple private and public sector projects that increase awareness and implement actions aimed at abating human contributions to the carbon footprint of the planet - the principal reason for the global warming crisis. The Prize categories cover carbon mitigation broadly and include both resilience and adaptation projects that support and/or impact the decarbonization of the planet and the growth of the low-carbon economy. The GWMP also supports the Sphere, a networking portal for climate projects, funders, and individuals.
Even though the Keeling Curve dataset only represents the daily record of atmospheric CO2, we have adopted the Keeling Curve as the name of our prizes because it has come to represent the clearest and strongest living symbol of the broad set of global warming challenges faced by the modern world.
We honor the belief that the symbolic power of the Keeling Curve is rooted in the scientific objectivity and integrity of the data. However, the GWMP does not participate in any way in the Keeling Curve as a scientific project and is not engaged in any other activities involving the Keeling name or the Keeling family.
Our goal is to bend the Keeling Curve.
To that end, our team is looking for projects with a proven track record of taking greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere. We’ve developed five categories, each one addressing a specific sector of climate innovation.
We award $35,000 to two projects in each category annually.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applications that are incomplete or that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- We welcome entries for active projects or programs from anywhere in the world.
- The Keeling Curve Prize is awarded for current programs and projects only.
- Applications centered on past work, unimplemented ideas or untested hypotheses will not be accepted.
- Applications for the Keeling Curve Prize must be submitted in English. To ensure the legitimacy and accuracy of your responses, GWMP can not take responsibility for their translation. You can learn more about this by reading our FAQs at https://www.globalwarmingmitigationproject.org/faq
- Your project may align with more than one prize category. The application form requires that you designate a primary category for your application, but also allows you to list secondary categories for consideration. However, applicants are only eligible to win in one category in any given year.
- Applicants that have not received an award are welcome to apply in subsequent years.
- Previous prize winners may submit applications for new projects that are different from their previously awarded project and that utilize different methods and approaches to reduce or increase uptake of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Applications that do not attempt to quantify their emissions reductions or address the project’s functional and financial scalability (Questions #8 through #10) will not be considered. For more guidance see our FAQs at https://www.globalwarmingmitigationproject.org/faq
- The prize application period opens on November 1, 2022 and closes at 11:59 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time), February 10, 2023. To be considered, your application must be completed and submitted before this time, and before the cap of 500 applications is reached. For this reason, we encourage submitting your application as early as possible.
- By completing an application, you are granting the Global Warming Mitigation Project permission to disseminate information about your project at its discretion. Requests for confidentiality can be designated within the application.
How to Apply
The 2023 application period is now open. You can apply here.
The prize application period opens on November 1, 2022 and closes at 11:59 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time), February 10, 2023. To be considered, your application must be completed and submitted before this time, and before the cap of 500 applications is reached. For this reason, we encourage submitting your application as early as possible.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd