EOI-Third party consultant firm/individual consultant to assist in supervising O&M of processing facility, provides support to monitor compliance with KPIs
Organization: Municipal Council, Gohana
Apply By: 12 Apr 2021
EOI for “Third party consultant firm/individual consultant with requisite technical expertise, knowledge and experience in remediation and reclamation works as the Independent Assessment Agency (IAA) to assist the authority in supervising the O and M of the processing facility at Village Thaska, provide support to the authority to monitor compliance with the KPIs as per SWM rules 2016.”
About the Organization:
In India, a Municipal Council is an Urban Local Body that administers a city of population 100,000 or more. However, there are exceptions to that, as previously Nagar Palikas were constituted in urban centers with populations over 20,000, so all the urban bodies which were previously classified as Nagar Palikas even if their population was under 100,000. Under the Panchayati Raj system. It interacts directly with the state government, though it is administratively part of the district it is located in. Generally, smaller district cities and bigger towns have a Nagar Palika.
DULB is implementing the following legislations to protect the environment by prevention and control of pollution in the State.
- The Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act,1974
- The Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Cess Act,1977
- The Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act,1981
- The Environment (Protection) Act and Rules,1986
- Solid waste management rules 2016
As per the provisions of the Water & the Air Act, the Board grants consents to organization with conditions & stipulated standards for effluent and emission discharge. To verify the compliance to consent conditions the Board officer’s carryout inspection.
Scope of Work:
To carry out “Third party certifications instead of Departmental inspections under Environment/ Pollution Control Laws, control laws, Bio-Remediation, Bio-Mining, Legacy Waste for medium risk industries/Solid Waste Plant (SWP) with satisfactory history of compliance and to assist the authority in supervising the O&M of the processing facility at Village Thaska, provide support to the authority to monitor compliance with the KPIs as per SWM rules 2016.”
During the Term, IAA/third party shall inspect the Processing Facility and the Reclamation and Remediation Work at least once a quarter and prepare an inspection report, setting out the defects or deficiencies, if any, and status of compliance with the KPLs. The IAA shall send the report to the Authority and the Contractor within 7 days of such inspection, pursuant to which, the Contractor shall be required to rectify the defects or deficiencies, if any identified by the IAA.
During the Term, the IAA/third party shall inspect or cause to be inspected the Processing Facility, Project Assets and Project Facilities at least once a month or at such shorter intervals as may be considered essential by the Authority/IAA and make report of such inspection (the “Inspection Report”) stating in reasonable detail the delay or deficiencies, if any, with particular reference to the Scope of work, specifications. Good Industry Practices, Applicable Law & Applicable Permits.
Eligibility Criteria for Third Party:
The Recognized State Universities/National Institute of Technology’s/ Service Provider Firm Environmental Research Societies/ Engineering Consultants shall meet the following Eligibility Criteria to participate in the EOI and should enclose documentary proof for fulfilling the Eligibility
- Recognized State Universities/National Institute of Technology’s/ Service Provider Firm/Environmental research societies/Engineering Consultants (Government Registered) working for past 3 years and shall have expertise in Environmental Engineering/Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Science/Solid Waste/Liquid Waste Management Project.
- The team shall be headed by a leader. The team leader should possess a minimum qualification M-Tech/Ph.D / Govt. Retired Professor in Environmental Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/Environmental Science with 10 years or more experience.
- Minimum 2 persons with a minimum qualification of MTech/M.Sc Environmental Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Science / Sanitary Inspector with 3 years or more experience.
- Minimum 2 persons with minimum qualification of B.Sc./Diploma in Environmental engineering/Chemical Engineering/Environmental Science/Sanitary Inspector will 3 year or more experience.
The details (including technical background and experience) of the Team leader/ Engineers which shall be appointed by the institution for carrying out inspection shall be provided during the EOI process. The State Universities/National Institute of Technology’s/ Private Firm / Service Provider Firm / Environmental research societies/Engineering Consultants (Government Registered) should provide Curriculum Vitae’s minimum 5 person as par the eligibility of criteria along with their photographs and duly attested by authorized signatory of the agency/institution.
Terms & Conditions:
In order to allow for “Third Party Certifications instead of Departmental inspections under Environment/ Pollution Control Laws Bio-Remediation, Bio-Mining, Legacy Waste for medium risk industries/Solid Waste Plant (SWP) with satisfactory history of compliance and act as Independent Assessment Agency (IAA) to assist the authority in supervising the O&M of the processing facility at Village Thaska, provide support to the authority to monitor compliance with the KPIs as per SWM rules 2016.” imperative pre-requisite and following steps under scope of services are proposed.
- Empanelled State Universities/National Institute of Technology’s/ Private Firm / Service Provider Firm / Environmental research societies/ Engineering Consultants (Government Registered) shall carry out the inspection as per RFP floated by DULB in July 2020 & directions issued from time to time, which can be seen in the office of Executive Engineer M.C. Gohana on any working day.
- The time period for carrying out the inspection by the organization is completion of project.
- Inspection shall be made during regular working hours of the office except when special circumstances indicated otherwise.
- During inspection, the inspection team may seek information/clarifications or documentary evidence from the Waste Plant Site to ascertain compliance status.
- In case of any wrong declaration, the agency/ institution shall be liable for the consequences arising thereof, as deemed fit by the DMC, Sonipat.
- The DMC, Sonipat reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the EOI without assigning any reason thereof.
Submission of EOI:
Eligible State Universities/National Institute of Technology’s/ Private Firm / Service Provider Firm / Environmental research societies may submit EOI in the prescribed format Annexure I in a sealed envelope by speed-post clearly super-scribing as “EOI for Third party inspection.” to the address given below within 12.04.2021 by 12:00 P.M. in hard copy containing detailed information.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd