EOI from Production Agencies for producing a celebratory and motivational music video for the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Urban
Organization: BBC Media Action (India) Limited
Apply By: 25 Nov 2020
BBC Media Action (India) Limited
Request for Expression of Interests (EOI) from Production Agencies for producing a celebratory and motivational music video for the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Urban.
BBC Media Action is the independent international charity of the BBC which uses media to advance development worldwide. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and others to produce creative programmes and content in multi-media formats to inform and engage audiences, and to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
In India BBC Media Action has been using media and communications to improve health, resilience and rights since 1999. The India portfolio includes ground-breaking mass media campaigns on HIV/AIDS awareness, condom normalisation, gender equality, bonded labour, tuberculosis and family health. The India office's mHealth services Kilkari and Mobile Academy have been scaled up by the government nationally and they are now the largest mobile messaging services in the world. In the last two years, the India office has produced two TV dramas – AdhaFULL and Navrangi Re! along with two successful social media campaigns #BigdiHuiLadki/ Ladka and #FlushKeBaad. Sanitation is one of the key areas of focus for BBC Media Action.
Over the last five years, BBC Media Action India built its water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) portfolio. The India office has produced a range of outputs on sanitation (both on open defecationand faecal sludge management) including the above-mentioned 26-episode TV drama called Navrangi Re! and a social media campaign #FlushKeBaad, the Malasur integrated campaign, the Shaucha Singh series of radio interstitials, a coffee table book called An Open Mind, amongst others.
With support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we run a Sanitation Communications Unit (SCU), which provides technical and advisory support on sanitation communication to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS) and six states (Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra).
As part of its WASH portfolio, BBC Media Action intends to develop an anthem (a song) and an accompanying music video for the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) on the urban sanitation journey and the way forward.
Purpose of the EOI:
BBC Media Action is inviting interests from qualified agencies/production house who may be interested in providing services such as to produce a celebratory and motivational music video for the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Urban.
This videowill be a song picturization of the anthem, featuring celebrities from different fields, common people and stakeholders. The music video will feature achievements, good practices, tech innovations and infrastructures, exceptional achievers and role models who have created a groundswell of behavioural change, a janandolan, in the entire country. Both the song and the music video should be inspirational and motivate viewers to keep up the momentum and add to this janandolan.
The music videois to beproduced in strict compliance with the current Covid 19 safetyregulations.
The anthem has to celebrate this janandolan, a groundswell and a participative people’s movement that is changing the ‘Swachhta’ landscape of urban India and the milestones achieved in the process.
Tonality of the music video
Larger than life, has to capture the scale of SBM Urban across the length and breadth of India and capture the varied initiatives and achievements and represent diversity – regions, gender, socio-economic classes etc. As all anthems, this one too has to be rousing and celebratory. It should celebrate all the milestones as the people’s achievement and of the janandolan that came about by a shared commitment and dream. This has to be achieved through managing constraints of producing during Covid times.
This is 2020, so this anthem is ‘Miley Sur’/ ‘Desh Rag’/ ‘Bar Bar Hum Lagaan)’ meets ‘Gully Boy’ – the tonality has to be youthful, more fusion, universal in its appeal.
Master production services for (i) 2.3-3-minute anthem (audio), (ii) a2.3-3-minute anthem music video on urban sanitation (one in number); (iii) threeedits (as prescribed below) each for both anthem (audio) and music video and (iv) 3-4 behind-the-scenes promotional videos. All shot on high end digital format for distribution on social media and to be post produced in Hindi.
Important Terms of Reference
- The shortlisting of the interests received will be done by an internal committee constituted by BBC Media Action for this purpose.
- All shortlisted agencies will be contacted separately and invited to send a detailed technical and financial proposal for production.
- The final selected agency from the shortlisted agencies will be done basis the best technical and financial fit.
- The selected agency to produce the same in compliance with the current Covid19 safety restrictions as stipulated by the Government of India.
- The selected agency will ensure privacy and consent as required during the course of the assignment
- The selected agency to be conscious of and maintain the values of BBC Media Action in all matters.
- The selected agency to maintain decorum and appropriate conduct for self and team at all times.
- The selected agency to maintain high production values and adhere to the given concept, format and treatment of the programme, as informed by BBC Media Action.
- The selected agency to maintain strict confidentiality about all aspects of the programme production.
- The selected agency will not have any copyright whatsoever over the film, its audio video inputs and animated characters. All copyrights/ intellectual property rights to remain with BBC Media Action.
- The selected agency to organise and set up all logistics of pre-production, production and post production according to the requirements specified by BBC Media Action (India) Ltd including studios, locations, extra cast, props, costumes, crew including Director, Director of Photography(DoP), other camerapersons if required sound recordist, art director, make-up artist, light men, attendants, spot boys, equipment, local transport, local vendors, permissions, negotiations and deals, etc.
- The selected agency to manage and supervise the entire production on location during filming according to the requirements specified by BBC Media Action, including locations, extra casts, crew, props, costumes, make up, art direction, equipment, food, travel and accommodation, local transport, permissions, negotiations and deals with local vendors, payments, security, etc.
- The selected agency to ensure that the production is done as far as possible as per the script and brief provided, however any changes/ deviations will be made only with the prior approval and consent from BBC Media Action. The selected agency will need to do multiple iterations depending on feedback from BBC Media Action.
- BBC Media Action holds the right to award contract based on assessed capacity, innovation idea suggested and other quality/ cost factors. Hence agencies are expected to respond to this EOI only if they agree to fulfil the suggested scope of work and meet the requirements as detailed above.
EOI submission requirements:
- Agencies are required to share an expression of interest clearing citing their suitability and ability to deliver such work and examples of similar work that they may done in the past along with a link to their portfolio.
- Please also include contact details, email ID, phone numbers as appropriate.
- All interests should be addressed to BBC Media Action (India) Ltd. and should be submitted latest by Wednesday, 25th November 2020 by 6.00 PM on the email address email@example.com
Those shortlisted will be notified separately and invited to submit a detailed workplan and a technical and financial proposal.
BBC Media Action reserves the right to make the final selection and award of work basis the final proposals received from the shortlisted agencies.
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd