RFP - Consultant Researcher for Power and Conviction Analysis
Organization: Mensen met een Missie
Apply By: 04 Jul 2021
Mensen met een Missie (MM) is planning to conduct detailed context analyses in nine (9) of its programme countries (Bolivia, Cameroon, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, The Philippines, South Sudan and Uganda). We are looking for skilled research consultants that are available July – September 2021. The objective of the so-called `Power&Conviction´ context analysis is to get a thorough understanding of the socio-cultural, religious and political context of implementation, more specifically the dynamics of power and privilege and the impact of (harmful) beliefs and convictions that lead to discrimination, exclusion and polarisation. We will adapt our strategy and design Theories of Change for our programmes based on the insights from the analyses.
About Mensen met een Missie (MM)
Mensen met een Missie (English: ‘People with a Mission’) is a Dutch organization that specializes in peacebuilding initiatives led by the people that are closest to and most impacted by conflict. Our mission is to work towards a world in which everyone can lead a dignified life, regardless of class, gender, ethnicity, or religious background. An important aspect of our approach for realising this mission concerns the special attention we pay to the role of religion and faith in strengthening communities and building sustainable peace.
For research in nine (9) different countries (Bolivia, Cameroon, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, The Philippines, Uganda, South Sudan), we are looking for consultants that will simultaneously carry out their investigations as part of a team that will be supervised by a researcher from Mensen met een Missie. Such collaborative effort allows alignment and comparison, besides facilitating peer-to-peer learning and support. The proposed timeline is as follows (2021):
- June: Selection of researchers
- Early July: Kick-off meeting Research Team
- July – August: (individual) Data collection, Analysis and Report writing. At least one intermediary peer meeting with team.
- 15th of September: Submission of reports and presentation of findings to peers and MM
We expect a professional research consultant to make sound analyses of the data, as well as provide relevant practical recommendations that help us advance.
The consultant shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- More than 5 years of relevant work experience with (explorative, baseline or mid/end term evaluation) research in the civil society sector
- Strong (inter)personal and social skills
- Demonstrated experience with using qualitative methods
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Minimum MA degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Independent position and attitude towards the various stakeholders and research participants
- Excellent knowledge of verbal and written English. Fluency in at least one of the South Indian languages.
Applicants who meet the qualifications, skills and requirements mentioned above are invited to submit an expression of interest (EoI), preferably in English, otherwise in French or Spanish. Both individual applicants or organizations can submit an EoI. It should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae of the Principal Investigator (PI), including credentials from past assignments
- Organizational profile (if relevant)
- Written sample of previous work
- A short (max. 500 words) reflection on the issue of harmful convictions and how they relate to power and competition in the research country
- Financial offer (fees, communication, transport etc.), assigning number of hours/days per person to each deliverable proposed.
Please, send your EOI to EvaKrah@mensenmeteenmissie.nl The deadline for submitting the EOI is Sunday 4th July at 12.00 noon IST. The selection will take place immediately afterwards. Possibly, there will be a second round of the application process. Ultimately, the research proposal will be further developed in a dialogue between MM and the selected consultant, and finally validated. Major settlements and understandings will be embodied in a formal Agreement.
To download the full ToR, click here
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd