RFP - Developing a Comprehensive Digital System for Technical Assistance of IFA Supplementation Program
Organization: Evidence Action
Apply By: 28 May 2020
RFP - Developing a comprehensive digital system for technical assistance of Iron & Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation program
About the Organization:
Evidence Action is a non- profit dedicated to scaling proven, cost- effective interventions to alleviate poverty. They bridge the gap between rigorous research and pilot interventions on one hand, and institutionalized programs on the other. By focusing on promising approaches backed by rigorous evidence, we support programs that are measurably effective; by seeking to solve the challenge of scale, we provide cost-effective impact for many. Evidence Action is dedicated to improving the lives of millions of people across Africa and Asia. Their approach fills the gap between research about “what works” and implementing solutions for people in need.
About the RFP
In India, Pramanit Karya India Pvt. Ltd. (PKIPL) is the technical consultant to Evidence Action, for extending technical assistance (TA) at national level and the select state governments for the successful planning, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of IFA (Iron Folic Acid) supplementation program for children and adolescents. PKIPL is further referred to as “authorizing organization” in this document.
As a part of technical assistance for IFA supplementation program, authorizing organization is inviting RFP for “Developing a comprehensive digital system for technical assistance of Iron & Folic Acid supplementation program” from the IT & Software development agencies. The purpose of this digital system is to integrate different Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) components of IFA technical assistance at one place, automate data collection & analysis process and generate data analytics required for programmatic decision.
As part of its technical assistance (TA), authorizing organization extends assistance to national and select state governments for the planning, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation of IFA supplementation program for children and adolescents in the age group of 6 months to 19 years.
The authorizing organization is generating regular and high-volume data through the different MLE components of technical assistance. To manage this huge database and analyze and interpret it in a timely manner for program improvements, it is imperative to develop a comprehensive digital information system to standardize and streamline systems enabled with technology for all program aspects such as data collection & management, analysis and dashboards. This proposed system will integrate all data sets at one place for program purposes and use by program managers in the Government and at Evidence Action.
This RFP is for developing a digital system to integrate different MLE components of IFA technical assistance at one place, automate data collection & analysis process and generate data analytics required for programmatic decision. Below are the specific objectives of the proposed platform:
- To digitize and integrate different MLE components of IFA technical assistance at one place for effective program management & monitoring.
- To automate data collection processes and; data compilation and analysis for programmatic process monitoring of IFA supplementation program.
- To generate state, district & block wise data analytics & dashboards needed for programmatic decisions by Government & Evidence Action.
Detailed Scope of Work:
Components of proposed digital system
Authorizing organization is seeking to engage an agency to develop a digital system for technical assistance of IFA supplementation program. The proposed system will have the four modules as per details provided below:
- Module 1: The Web-based tele calling application
- Module 2: Mobile application for data collection by Regional Coordinators (RCs) during filed visits
- Module 3: Data & Resources Import Module
- Module 4: Data Analytics
Broad Scope of Work (all specified points will be discussed in detail with the agency to explain the requirements clearly)
- To develop high end integrated digitalsystem with four broad modules: (a) Web-based tele-calling module, (b) Android mobile application for data collection by RCs, (c) Data import module, and (d) Data Analytics module.
- The agency will understand the current program system and its linkages with other functions for mapping on the proposed digital system. The agency will understand all requirements after discussing with authorizing organization team and undertake and deliver a comprehensive needs assessment before beginning any system development tasks. Further, the agency will document all requirements for review and approval by authorizing organization prior to commencing any development.
- The agency will share comprehensive work plan detailing all the workflows and processes for completing the agreed tasks, including relevant approvals from authorizing organization.
- The agency will develop dashboard based on data input from all three modules mentioned above in the scope of work, following close consultation on requirements with authorizing organization.
- To store data generated from various data collection devices/interfaces (such as tablets, mobile, desktops) through different modules of digital system. Data should be stored in some central location/server in real time as soon it is synced from designated data collection devices.
- The proposed digital system, must incorporate the feature of capturing geo-codes at all possible data entry points and should be able to produce results on maps indicator-wise.
- The digital system must provide feature of archiving all existing data in a structured manner providing for ease in retrieval at any point of time. For data generated in future, the digital system must provide for automated categorization with existing data by program indicators. Authorizing organization will provide a categorization of all existing data and work closely with the vendor to define relevant metadata for each type of data point.
- The proposed digital system must have flexibility for adding new data points, features, components, and user types and profiles as and when required by the authorized users.
- The agency must develop all necessary user manuals, in written, ppt or video formats, to be finalized in consultation with authorizing organization, and propose a comprehensive training plan including development of training materials.
- The agency must include in the digital system an administrator module with comprehensive rights for controlling and creating features, such as, user ids, passwords, and edits to the data and inputs as applicable.
- The agency will ensure testing of digital system in different locations, with a variety of user types, and closely observe functionality of the system to given load of different data points and sufficiency of required cloud server space. Any bugs found during testing will be fixed and subsequent testing undertaken to verify modules working as required.
- To host the above system on servers till the time of development, testing and finalization phase and then assist authorizing organization to host the servers of its choice in future.
- The agency shall be available for at least one year to provide support services after roll out of digital system in all geographies;
- The agency must submit to PKIPL all scripts and codes related to the digital system (including all modules and their components) with IP rights of PKIPL as satisfactory closure of contract.
The above list can be further improved after discussion with the selected agency and internally once the project is live.
Materials to be provided by PKIPL for developing digital system*
- All backend formats currently in use for monitoring activities and capturing data;
- The roles and responsibility chart across functions to be mapped on MIS;
- Organizational chart with details of levels of access rights;
- The inter-dependency matrix across functions for each micro level activities;
- Questionnaires or input format for collecting data;
- Indicators list with calculations and work flow to define user specific dashboard visibility in different location;
- Types of databases with details of their ownership;
- Any other relevant document for developing the backend framework of the digital system.
All proposals need to be submitted on or before May 28, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about this proposal request need to be addressed in writing at the specified email before May 22 2020. Please mention in the subject line – “Proposal for Digital system for IFA program”.
For more information please check the Link
MICA CDMC Masterclass (Virtual): Development Communication Design for Social Impact and CSR Partnerships. Register Now
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd