RFP - Selection of Training Partners for the implementation of Project ‘AMBER (Accelerated Mission for Better Employment and Retention)
Organization: National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
Apply By: 30 Jun 2022
About the Organization
NSDC is a not-for-profit public limited company incorporated on July 31, 2008, under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (corresponding to section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013). NSDC was set up by Ministry of Finance as a Public Private Partnership, and the Government of India through MSDE. MSDE holds 49% of the share capital of NSDC, while the private sector has the balance 51% of the share capital. NSDC is envisaged as a financing and administrative organization to support creation of scalable and profitable vocational training institutions. Its objective is to build an enabling environment through capacity building, augmenting and enhancing capabilities for a dynamic skill ecosystem. Since inception, NSDC has trained more than 2.5 crore people through its partnership with 600+ training partners, 11,000+ training centres spread over 600+ districts across the country. NSDC has established 37 Sector Skill Councils and is implementing several of the Government’s flagship skill development schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (“PMKVY”), Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (“PMKK”), National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (“NAPS”), among others.
About the Proposal
NSDC and GIF have partnered with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (“MSDE”) under SANKALP, a program of MSDE with loan assistance from the World Bank, to demonstrate improved employment and retention outcomes for 30,000 trainees using GIF’s 7 step methodology.
The project adopts an outcomes-based approach where the stakeholders are rewarded for outcomes and not inputs. The overall objective of the project is to improve the current job placement outcomes to 70%, and retention rates to 60% for 3 months and 50% for 6 months in 2 years through public private partnerships (i.e., government as well as private sector philanthropic sources).
The genesis of this program is based upon the need to improve the quality of training delivery, the lack of which leads to unfulfilled industry demand for skilled workers and the aspirations of trainees. The supply-demand challenges have been further exacerbated due to COVID 19 pandemic. Therefore, it requires adopting a different approach using innovative methodology to bridge these gaps leading to better outcomes. As part of the larger agenda, the project will enable mainstreaming the learnings across the entire District Skill Committee (DSC) network for improved ecosystem outcomes and institutional strengthening.
PMU is critical for smooth implementation of the project and for meeting the target objectives. PMU which will act as the nodal agency for coordinating all stakeholders, implementing project activities, and adhering to timelines. The team will be the central body that manages the day-to-day operations, provides guidance to TPs, and undertakes problem solving on all matter related to the operations across the project period of 2 years.
The key roles and responsibilities of the PMU will be:
- On ground support to the Project
- Day to day operational guidance
- Capacity building of all stakeholders
- Support in placement through employer tie-up and demand aggregation
- Monitoring on key parameters
- Seamless coordination among all stakeholders
- Data compliance and result tracking
- Report generation for decision making
- Performance Evaluation of TPs
- The PMU will evaluate all TPs and Training Centres to ensure they’re prepared to undertake this partnership before initiating any batches
- Quarterly performance review of the TP by the PMU
- Improvement feedback to be shared, reduction of target or extending the contract for the next year based on the feedback
- If TP performance declines, the PMU will pause their cohorts until the TP provides an improvement plan that the PMU must approve before additional cohorts go ahead.
- If the TP or Training Centre has been consistently underperforming, even after additional coaching and support is provided (by Delivery Support and Capacity building unit), the PMU can recommend to the steering Committee further specific actions like removal of Training Centre or in extreme cases, removal of the TP concerned from the Project.
- Monitoring work of mentoring agency
- Monitoring the role of Outcomes verification unit and the Evaluation and Learning unit
- Developing job roles for the project
- An applicant should be a funded/ non-funded Training Partner of NSDC, or an applicant should have established and functional PMKK or PMKVY centers or an applicant should have implemented any other govt. scheme implemented on Skill India Portal (SIP) or any other govt. portal with min. 1000 numbers
- An applicant should have experience of skilling placement linked training program (under government funds, CSR or privately paid models).
- An entity should be in existence for min. 3 years from date of publishing of this RFP.
- An applicant eligible to work in a region and not be blacklisted by any donor agency/ State government/ central government/ govt. agency/ public sector undertaking/ autonomous bodies/ any other competent authority. An undertaking will be required in this regard (refer Annexure 1)
- An applicant should apply for min. 5 centers and share proof of existence of the centers and their ownership/tenancy (refer Annexure 1).
- An entity or any Training Provider or any Training Center of the TP should not be currently backlisted for any project implemented by NSDC/ MSDE
- An applicant should have no statutory dues at the time of application
How to Apply
- The Bidder shall submit a signed and complete Proposal comprising the documents and forms in accordance with Annexure 1. The Bidder shall submit Technical Proposal only on eProcurement Portal https://nsdc.eproc.in/ as per process mentioned in Annexure 2
- An authorized representative of the Bidder shall sign the original submission letters in the required format for Technical Proposal and shall initial all pages. The authorization shall be in the form of a written power of attorney attached to the Technical Proposal.
- Any modifications, revisions, interlineations, erasures, or overwriting shall be valid only if they are signed or initialed by the person signing the Proposal.
30th June 2022, 06:00 pm
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd