RFP - Selection of an Agency for Development of Vision 2030 & Strategic Roadmap for Skill Development in Odisha
Organization: Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA)
Apply By: 21 Sep 2020
RFP - Selection of an Agency for Development of Vision 2030 and Strategic Roadmap for Skill Development in Odisha
About the Organization:
Odisha Skill Development Authority was established to provide overall direction, guidance & implementation of skill development programs in the State by converging different sectors. OSDA works with an overarching mission to bring transformative human development through skilling of youth and making Skilled-in-Odisha-a Global Brand.
Located in Eastern India, Odisha covers 4.74% of India's geographical area and is home to 41.94 million people comprising 3.47% of India's population. Of the total 41.9.2 million population of the State, 26.8% is in the age category of 15-29 years and 61.45% are in the working age category of 15-59 years, indicating that the State enjoys a favourable demographic structure dividend currently.
Creation of quality jobs would require better employable population. Moreover, the need for developing the state’s capacity to provide employability skills is further accentuated by the fact that as per the census 2011, the population in the age group of 14-35 is going to increase by about 16% by the year 2022. In this regard, the State has undertaken several efforts to address the challenge of unemployment and improve the skilling facilities through an initiative “Skilled in Odisha”
Scope of the Project
Part 1: Trend Watch
- Present the future of work, employment and entrepreneurship.
- Project the unfolding trends in the world that create opportunities and discontinuity.
- Present how other nations are responding.
- What are the disruptors that can impact the skill landscape?
- What are the game changing public interventions across the World and how do we draw lessons to change the game instead of doing more of the same?
- Outline the demographic position of Odisha in 2024 and in 2030 and indicate what it means for skill development vis-a-vis the above.
- Create a risk analysis for Odisha vis-à-vis the emergent trends – how do we board the bus and what will make us miss it?
Part 2: Analysis & Benchmark to determine the “As-Is” condition
- Assess the currently pursued sectors, our approach to skill development and its impact.
- Benchmark with other leading States of India.
- Benchmark with leading skill providing nations.
- Examine policy frameworks both at State level and local level.
- Study and analyze the agendas of the State Government Departments, focusing on the demand and supply scenario and futuristic requirements, as well as changes in the policies, plans and priorities of the Central and State Government towards achieving a skilled State.
- Do a comprehensive assessment of technical and vocational education eco-system in Odisha including engineering, polytechnic, ITIs and institutions running short-term skill development run by Government.
- Assess skill institutions in the private sector.
- Analyze what is broken at a systemic level for 6 and 7.
- Assess governance system in terms of policies, programmes, process and institutions and outcome.
- Review existing physical infrastructure and assess gaps.
- Analyze labor market situation internal to the State.
- Assessreadiness of the State to build skills vis-a-vis modern agriculture, manufacturing, services, creative economy and Internet economy.
- Create a visual skills heat map of the State.
Part 3: Recommendations
- Develop the Vision and Mission statements for skill development in Odishain the backdrop of the trends and the analysis. These need to be for Year 2024, consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals of 2030.
- Flowing from the Vision and Mission above, craft the “Skill Policy” of the State.
- Prioritize the sectors for skill intervention and focus for Odisha.
- Articulate how the Skill Policy and intervention can be inclusive for hitherto disadvantaged groups.
- Create the Short-term (3 years), Medium-term (5 year) and long term (10 year) strategic plan and roadmap with clear strategies, projects/programmes, specific milestones and outcomes and prioritize suitable implementation frameworks with increased private sector participation and global alliances for 3 above.
- Push down 4 above to create 30 district level playbooks.
- Present the major Government interventions needed on the supply side and the demand side for creating enabling conditions – what is the equivalent of STPI and SEZ parks for the skill eco-system in the physical, digital and intellectual context?
- Prepare a budgetary estimate for the State of investment needed to create the envisaged future.
- Recommend the organizational structure to implement the above by envisioning OSDA Version 2.0.
- Outline the institutional roles and responsibilities to implement the roadmap and projects/programmes outside the OSDA.
Eligibility: It is the Agency’s responsibility to ensure that its Experts, service providers, and/or their employees meet the eligibility requirements as established in the TOR
Qualification to the Bid: Bids may only be submitted as a Sole Bidder who will be responsible for end to end scope of work given in this tender. No consortiums will be allowed for this bid.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd