RFP - Strengthening response and service provisioning for GBV in Punjab or UP
Organization: UN Women
Apply By: 25 May 2022
About the Organization
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality, and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly benefit women and girls worldwide.
About the Call for Proposal
Over two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, secondary and tertiary waves continue to unfurl across fragile economic and social landscapes, with the most devasting consequences for individuals and groups with pre-existing vulnerabilities. Asia and the Pacific region are still battling with catastrophic COVID-19 outbreaks. India also has faced the severity of multiple waves.
As lockdowns and restrictions persist, inequalities that underscore the pervasive impacts of the pandemic threaten to further exacerbate conditions for those most vulnerable and marginalized. Disproportionate increases in inequalities for women across health, protection, education, and livelihoods have resulted from the pandemic. Emerging evidence over the past year confirmed that the pandemic had a regressive effect on gender equality. Asia and the Pacific is the most disaster-prone region in the world, with 75 per cent of disaster-affected populations living in the region, and as countries cope with impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, they also grapple with the reality of exposure to multiple, severe natural hazards, and potential of a double disaster. Against this backdrop, the COVID-19 crisis presents an opportunity for restructuring and creating a “new normal” in which no one is left behind.
UN Women is implementing a programme titled ‘Gender-Responsive COVID-19 Recovery in India’ to reduce the disproportionate gender-based risks and negative impact of COVID-19 on women, including those who are the most marginalized and in particularly vulnerable situations.
In this context, UN Women seeks services of one civil society organization to strengthen the continuation of service provision and operations to gender based violence survivors and vulnerable women, including shelters, psycho-social counselling, and legal support. Facilitate access of women and girl survivors to government-run helpline services and collect and analyse data to improve response by service providers.
Scope of work for required services/results
UN Women seeks the services of a civil society organization (hereinafter referred as proponent organization) working with community-based organizations of women from the most marginalized communities (including but not limited to) scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, minorities, survivors of rape and violence, survivors of trafficking, disabled, women headed households (hereinafter referred as target group) to strengthen services offered to them and improve their response for gender-based violence. It is expected that the proponent organisation will conduct the activities listed below in one out of the two programme states of Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. The organization should have experience in conducting mapping studies, research on effectiveness for service provisioning, preparing a directory of stakeholders, conducting workshops to validate the studies on strengthening services and improving response to GBV. The proponent organization is expected to submit a proposal to contribute to the outcome of the Programme shown below.
Enhanced institutional capacities of governance institutions to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against women
- A mapping study on shelter homes, provisions for psychosocial counselling and legal support by state and non-state-run organisations/ institutions in any of the one the select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- A Research Report on the effectiveness of service provisioning especially for helplines [state- attached to the One Stop Centres (OSCs) and Non state} along with provision of legal support, psychosocial counselling, and shelter homes
- One Directory on CBOs, women's groups and government-run institutions with some details on specific service provision components (e.g., details of shelter homes, OSCs, provisions for psychosocial counselling and legal support, helplines etc.) for in any of the one select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- One handbook on principles of survivor-centric psychosocial counselling/ specific laws and policies on EVAW in any of the one the select states (Uttar Pradesh or Punjab)
- Conduct Workshops and consultations to validate the findings from the mapping study, research findings, Draft Directory of resources and handbook.
25 May 2022
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd