RFP- Hiring of Expert for Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency (PRSF) Project
Organization: Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Apply By: 28 Apr 2021
TOR - Hiring of Expert for Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency (PRSF) Project (Consulting Services – Individual Selection)
About the Organization:
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) was established under an act of Indian Parliament. They are the principal financial institution for the promotion, financing and development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector as well as for co-ordination of functions of institutions engaged in similar activities.
SIDBI as Project Execution Agency (PEA) is implementing a project titled “Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency (PRSF) Project” with the support of The World Bank, and financed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and Clean Technology Fund (CTF). Green Climate and Sustainable Development Initiatives (GC&SDI) also serves as a Project Management Unit (PMU) for executing World Bank –Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency (PRSF) Project.
The PRSF project comprises of the following:
- A guarantee fund (risk sharing facility) corpus of USD 37 million managed by SIDBI (PEA) for providing partial credit guarantees to commercial loans for ESCO-implemented energy efficiency projects across various demand side sectors, and
- Technical Assistance of a Total USD 6 million (USD 4 million to be implemented by SIDBI and USD 2 million to be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited).
The objective of the project is to transform the energy efficiency (EE) market in India by promoting increased level of EE investments, through energy service performance contracting (ESPC) modality and implementation delivered through Energy Service Companies (ESCOs).
The PRSF Project is aimed at demonstrating the viability of Energy Service Performance Contract (ESPC) market for scaling up implementation of energy efficiency projects in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), large industries, municipalities, and buildings sector in India.
With the efforts made under the PRSF project, significant strides have been made in convincing many Banks / NBFCs / FIs (collectively, Participating Financial Institutions or PFIs under PRSF) to finance ESCO projects. Out of the all empanelled PFIs under PRSF (see Annex), most have already financed ESCO projects, in addition to SIDBI’s own financing, with support from PRSF. A total of 35 ESCO sub-projects worth USD 22 million guarantee value have been supported through PRSF partial credit (loan) guarantees as of March 31, 2021.
Hiring of Experts:
SIDBI as Project Executing Agency (PEA) for PRSF project financed by the World Bank invites applications for the following positions on contractual basis to assist in various activities/ initiatives being undertaken under the project.
- Gross emoluments indicated above shall be total CTC per month and may be lower / higher based on suitability of the candidate in terms of qualifications and experience.
- SIDBI retains the right to enhance the minimum qualification level experience depending on the need.
- Final emoluments would be bifurcated into two parts (i) fixed monthly payment of 75% of the agreed fees and (ii) performance linked variable payment of 25% of the agreed fees and would be paid quarterly upon achieving milestones/targets.
- The selected experts would be treated as consultant(s) and consultancy fee would be paid every month with applicable GST amount. Consultant (s) may register himself/herself with GST authorities and obtain GST number, if applicable. All other tax liabilities except applicable GST shall be borne by the consultant (s).
Indicative General Roles and Responsibilities of the experts (to the extent applicable)
Environment & Social Safeguard Expert will be responsible for:
- The E&S Safeguard expert shall be attached on a full-time basis to PRSF PEA Team in New Delhi and will be directly responsible for overseeing the compliance related to Environmental and Social Management as per the Environment and Risk Management Framework (ERMF), and ESDD formats.
- Environment Risk Management Framework (ERMF): ERMF shall mean the framework, which defines the roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders relating to environmental regulatory compliance, environmental legacy issues, negative environmental impacts from technology upgrades, environmental safeguards and due diligence requirements for projects, third-party appraisal checks, and including any amendments made to the framework with the World Bank available at SIDBI / PRSF Project website.
- Undertake an environmental and social risk categorization of sub-proposals, follow due diligence process and ensure appropriate mitigation measures.
- Assist clients (ESCOs, PFIs, host) in identifying potential risks and adverse impacts on social & environmental sustainability and safeguards and advise them for social & environmental aspects, particularly involuntary resettlement, indigenous Peoples, labor issues, mitigation plans, and institutional development strategies.
- The expert shall ensure that EE project reports submitted by ESCOs confirm status of regulatory compliance of respective Host Entities;
- Prepare reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual, field monitoring) on the safeguard risks with appropriate actions (including environmental co-benefits) for all sub-projects and ensure that timely measures are taken.
- The expert shall prepare project-specific social and environmental screening reports and ensure that all the mitigation measures are approved before issuance of the Guarantee
Deadline: April 28, 2021, till 16:00 Hrs
Application Form is available here
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd