RFP- Individual Consultants/NGOs/Companies/Consulting Firms for Conducting “Training of Trainers on Trauma Informed Counselling”
Organization: Association For Stimulating Know How (ASK)
Apply By: 05 May 2021
TOR for Individual Consultants/NGOs/Companies/Consulting Firms for Conducting “Training of Trainers (ToT) on Trauma Informed Counselling” for Project Team Working on ‘Building a safe labour migration ecosystem in source communities in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar’
About the Organization:
Association For Stimulating Know How (ASK) established in 1993, is a non-profit organization committed to the cause of socio-economic development 1for the marginalized sections of the society. ASK has a history of 25 years of working on development projects with different national and international funding agencies and corporate foundations on relevant thematic areas. The organization’s primary aim is to work towards empowering the most marginalized and bring about sustainable and measurable change in the lives of people. ASK works Quality Education, Health & Nutrition, Livelihoods and Migration.
About the Project:
Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Bihar are the key migrant sending states to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. High-migration zones and specific districts within each of these two states have contributed the bulk of emigrants to the GCC region in recent years. Given these realities, ASK has partnered with Global Fund to eliminate Modern Slavery (GFEMS) to implement a project on International Safe Migration titled “Building a safe labour migration ecosystem in source communities in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar”.
One of the objectives of the project is to identify survivor, rescue them from Gulf and provide trauma informed counselling to the survivor and his/her family so that Survivors recover, reintegrate, and thrive long-term after receiving psycho-social reintegration services. It is expected thatSurvivors demonstrate progress towards full psycho-social recovery as a result of providing trauma informed counselling.
In line with above mentioned project objective, they propose to organize Training of Trainers (ToT) on trauma informed counselling for project team working in Siwan (Bihar) and Kushinagar (UP) in context of migrants experienced forced labour conditions. The proposed training is expected to building the capacities of projects teams on identification of extent of trauma and provide trauma inform counselling, care and support.
Therefore, ASK is looking for NGOs/Companies/Consulting firms who can conduct one ToT on trauma informed counselling in each of the project location (Siwan and Kushinagar). The total participant in each location would be 35.
Objective of the ToT:
The objectives with proposed Training of Trainers (ToT) is to building capacities of project teams in both the regions (Siwan & Kushinagar) on providing trauma inform counselling, care and support to forced labour survivors. The primary objectives of this ToTs are:
- Train project team on knowledge and skills required to provide trauma informed counselling, care and support.
- Develop tools assessing the progress made by survivors towards reintegration /monitoring systems
- Create profile of the program target area.
Broad content of the ToT:
- Concept of trauma informed counselling, care and support and its relevance in context of forced labour survivors
- Principles of trauma informed counselling, care and support
- Identification of survivors with trauma
- Categorization of minor, moderate and severe trauma
- Assessment and diagnosis of level and type of trauma
- Psychosocial Interventions with traumatized survivors
- Type of care and support to be provided for their reintegration
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Ethical responsibility of a social workers
- Skills required for providing trauma informed counselling, care and support
- Develop tools assessing the progress made by survivors towards reintegration
Note: Consultants/Agency can add any relevant agenda/content/topic in the trainings design.
Approach & Methodology:
The consultant is expected to use participatory traveling methodologies. The ToT should have component of handholding of couple of days in which consultant can take project team to the field and demonstrate identification of survivors with trauma, categorization based on severity, diagnosis of level and type of trauma, psychosocial interventions with traumatized survivors, Psychosocial rehabilitation, usage of tools assessing the progress made by survivors towards reintegration etc.
- Submit design of the ToT
- Submit training material of the ToT
- Conduct quality ToT in Siwan and Kushinagar
- Submit training report
- Valid legal identity in India
- Atleast 6 to 8 years of experience in conducting trainings on trauma informed counselling, care and support.
- Atleast 2 to 3 years of experience in conducting trauma informed counselling, care and support for NGOs/Grassroot level NGOs in context of forced labour.
- Must have practical exposure of the issues and challenges related to trauma and forced labour.
- Should have team with proven ability to conduct ToTs on trauma informed counselling, care and support in Hindi.
- Should be ready to conduct the trainings in the project location.
- Ability Financial turnover of 50 lakh or more.
- Last 3 years ITR and Audited statement and all compliances accomplished.
- Last 3 years Audits done and all compliance accomplished.
Project Location: The project will be implemented in districts of Siwan in Bihar and Kushinagar in UP.
Timeline: The ToT needs to be completed by the first week of June 2021
Interested agencies need to submit separate proposal in the attached formats:
- Technical Proposal
- Financial proposal
- The Technical & Financial Proposal need to be shared electronically via email ONLY no later than 5th May 2021 to email@example.com
- The subject line of the email should read: “Proposal for conducting Training of Trainers on Trauma Informed Counselling, Care and Support for project team working on building safe labour migration ecosystem in Up and Bihar "
- The technical proposal should be submitted in PDF file and financial proposal in excel using attached format.
- Proposals received after the due date will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted agencies/consultants will be contacted for the further selection processes.
Template for Technical Proposal is available here
Template for Budget is available here
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd