RFP-Development of Training Curriculum, Social & Behavioural Change Communication Aids & Capacity Building of Community Workers
Organization: American India Foundation (AIF)
Apply By: 16 Apr 2021
RFP - Development of Training Curriculum, Social & Behavioural Change Communication Aids and Capacity Building of Community Workers
About the Organization:
The American India Foundation (AIF) is a nonprofit American organization that is devoted to accelerating social and economic change in India. The AIF has partnered with 227 of India's NGOs to build a trusted network for implementation, scale, and sustainability while raising over $84 million since its inception. They are one of the largest secular, non-partisan American organizations supporting development work in India.
About the Project:
AIF will be implementing a three-year project in Sumerpur (Uttar Pradesh), Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh) and Hosur (Krishnagiri district, Tamil Nadu), covering a population of nearly 1 million- comprising pregnant and lactating (nursing) women, young children up to age (0-5 yrs) and adolescents (10-19 yrs).
Goal: To enhance the nutritional status of adolescents, pregnant and Lactating (nursing) women and children under five years, so as to contribute to reducing maternal and under-five mortality and morbidity.
- To increase awareness on nutrition and its effects on health, among adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating(nursing) women
- To promote adoption of nutrition habits and feeding practices that result in adequate and appropriate nutritional intake among adolescents, pregnant & lactating (nursing) women, and children under five years
- To strengthen delivery of government services and programs related to nutrition (like Poshan Abhiyan etc.), so as to be responsive to the needs of the community, and is sustainable
Scope of work:
AIF proposes to hire the services of an agency to support the development of the following:
Capacity building/training curriculum for Poshan Sathis, adaptable to train ASHAs, Anganwadi workers and similar cadres in future. The content to be curated as per end-user and local food availability/preferences as per the geographies covered in the RFP. The training curriculum for Poshan Sathis will include (but not limited to) the following aspects:
- Nutrition basics
- Nutrition and its impact on health at critical life-stages – adolescents, pregnant & lactating women, infants and children under-five years
- Recommended daily allowance for various life stages and sources of nutrition to be adapted as per selected geographies
- Macronutrients and Micronutrients; sources and measures to incorporate as per dietary/nutritional requirements for specific health conditions
- Undernutrition/malnutrition and their causes; detecting undernutrition
- Effects of undernutrition/malnutrition on the above-mentioned target groups
- Actionable activities at the community level to address undernutrition/malnutrition, including documentation of local recipes
- Importance of personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning, feeding and other interalia practices influencing nutritional values
- Behavioural change communication – skills on undertaking inter-personal communication and group communication
- Skill to compute nutrition values of local foods and thereby provide appropriate counseling to target groups.
- Training curriculum in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu for Poshan Sathi cadre and adaptable to ASHAs, encompassing nutrition basics, special nutritional needs of pregnant & lactating women, infants & under-five children, and adolescent girls.
- Training related job-aids, tools and materials.
- Training, in person, of a total of 100 Poshan Sathis (and minimal supervisory cadre). Training in local language.
- 10 audio visuals, either adapted or created, in local languages, for use by Poshan Sathis during inter-personal communication and group meetings.
- 1 refresher training in year two to the same beneficiaries mentioned above.
- Training assessment tools for immediate and periodic assessment of knowledge and skills of Poshan Sathis, in English and local language.
- A guidance note in English and local languages on compiling local recipes
Please use the subject line AIF_Poshan_Proposal (Name of the Agency) to submit the proposal application at email@example.com (Mr. Raj Sharma, Senior Program Manager).
They request you to submit your proposal applications by 16th April 2021; 05:00 PM IST. For any queries/clarification, you may write in latest by 8th April, 2021 on the above mentioned id.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd