RFP Invited for Environment and Social Safeguard Expert
Organization: Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Apply By: 10 Jun 2020
RFP - Hiring of Environment and Social Safeguard Expert for Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency Project (Consulting Services – Individual Selection)
About the Organization:
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) was established under an act of Indian Parliament. They are the principal financial institution for the promotion, financing and development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector as well as for co-ordination of functions of institutions engaged in similar activities.
In order to improve productivity and competitiveness of MSME sector through energy efficiency (EE) measures, SIDBI has undertaken a number of initiatives which include lines of credits from World Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), KfW and AFD. Further, it has setup an Energy Efficiency Centre (EEC) at New Delhi which is implementing various developmental projects along-with BEE, EESL, GiZ, World Bank, etc. Green Climate and Sustainable Development Initiatives (GC&SDI) also serves as a Project Management Unit (PMU) for executing World Bank –Partial Risk Sharing Facility for Energy Efficiency (PRSF) Project.
SIDBI is the “Project Executing Agency (PEA)” for the PRSF project for managing the Partial Risk Sharing Facility along with implementing an associated Technical Assistance Component for promoting increased level of Energy Efficiency investments, particularly through energy service performance contracting (ESPC) delivered through Energy Service Companies (ESCOs). The PRSF project comprises of the following:
- A guarantee fund (risk sharing facility) corpus of USD 37 million managed by SIDBI (PEA) for providing partial credit guarantees to commercial loans for ESCO-implemented energy efficiency projects across various demand side sectors, and
- Technical Assistance of a Total USD 6 million (USD 4 million to be implemented by SIDBI and USD 2 million to be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited).
The PRSF project is aimed at demonstrating the viability of Energy Service Performance Contract (ESPC) market for scaling up implementation of energy efficiency projects through ESCOs, in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), large industries, municipalities, and buildings sector in India. With the efforts made under the PRSF project since 2015, partial credit guarantees totaling of over USD 13 million have been given to loans provided by participating financial institutions (PFIs) and SIDBI itself to eighteen ESCO-implemented projects across various sectors. More details about PRSF project is provided at http://prsf.sidbi.in
Desired Qualification/ Minimum Experience:
- Master’s/ Advanced Degree in relevant discipline (Environmental management/ Environmental Engineering/ Energy Management/ Social Science/ Sociology/ Development Studies from a recognized university or Institute.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with at least 3-5 years in the assessment and management of environmental and/or social impacts in a consultancy, industrial, commercial role.
- Experience of environment and social safeguard related aspects to energy efficiency/ MSME sector is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of World Bank’s safeguards policies on Environment and Social.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze diverse E&S related data and information and preparing high quality, professional and timely reports.
- Driven self-starter with a high degree of responsiveness and proactivity
- Excellent communication, client-relationship, and interpersonal skills.
The Expert, as indicated above, will be selected in accordance with ‘Individual Consultant’ [IC] method of selection set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, Edition of January 2011 (Revised July 2014) [“Consultant Guidelines”]1.
Indicative Role and Responsibility:
- The expert shall be attached on full time basis to PRSF PEA Team in New Delhi and will be directly responsible for oversight of the compliance related to Environmental and Social Management as per Environment and Risk Management Framework (ERMF).
- The expert shall ensure that EE project reports submitted by ESCOs confirm status of regulatory compliance of respective Host Entities;
- The expert shall seek periodic (bi-annual / annual/quarterly) progress reports from ESCOs/PFIs, which shall include a dedicated section for indicating the environmental regulatory compliance status and environmental co-benefits.
- The expert shall prepare project specific E&S guidelines to be followed by ESCO and ensure that ESCO to submit the ESDD reports to SIDBI before availing the Guarantee under PRSF project;
- The expert shall review, verify and validate ESDD reports submitted by ESCOs in prescribed format as per World Bank guidelines and provide necessary inputs/suggestions/compliance to ESCOs with reference to ERMF guidelines.
- The expert shall visit PRSF supported projects and document evidence-based compliance visit reports on E&S for each ESCO project and incorporate into monthly /quarterly /annual reports to be submitted to The World Bank.
- The expert shall develop a suitable monitoring mechanism to ensure flow of proper information / data at regular intervals, design and develop formats of various progress and other reports, log frame, etc. for continuous and effective monitoring of the various activities related to E&S safeguards.
- The expert shall give its inputs in Annual Business Implementation Plan (BIP), guarantee issuance note, related to E&S aspects and undertake regular visits to industries for ensuring E&S safeguards aspects.
- The expert shall analyze various progress reports as against the envisaged deliverables as also the overall project objectives and shall submit his/her comments along-with suggestions for improvements / corrective actions required, if any
- The expert shall also support in Business Development / Marketing related activities under PRSF.
- The expert shall facilitate and support in commission of independent third-party agencies to independently monitor and document the environmental co-benefits as an outcome of implementation of EE project proposals.
Vacancy No.: 1
Posting: New Delhi
Gross Emoluments: Rs.1,60,000/-- 1,85,000/-
For more information please check the Link
MICA CDMC Masterclass (Virtual): Development Communication Design for Social Impact and CSR Partnerships. Register Now
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd