RFP Invited for Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Development
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 07 Aug 2020
RFP – Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Development
About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Room to Read’s (RtR) Girls’ Education Program (GEP) ensures that girls complete secondary school and have the skills to negotiate key life decisions. In India, since 2004, the program has benefitted over 14000 girls across 7 states- Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand. Over the years, the program has witnessed powerful stories of change, has led to best practices to learn from, and innovative strategies to celebrate and share. Our program reinforces girls’ commitment to their own education, works with girls to develop essential life skills and increases support for girls’ education among their parents, school staff, and communities.
Project Vijayi endeavours to empower approximately 20000 girls through a life-skills based intervention that will help them complete their education, acquire critical employability skills and negotiate key life decisions that lay the foundation for successful lives for themselves, their families and ultimately for future generations. The program focuses on equipping girls with strong life skills that move them towards independence and employability: assessing the job market, developing resumes and preparing for interviews; understanding how be self-confident and safe in the workplace; gathering local resources and assets to develop networks; gaining familiarity with financial institutions; and building relationships with women entrepreneurs.
Background of the assignment
With the current situation on the backdrop, there would be a probability of limited physical movement and engagement at the field level by the field team; so, these activities are part of the communication plan within a comprehensive strategy to build and create momentum about the program amongst the stakeholders on different aspects of gender and life skills education.
IECs materials will be instrumental in creating awareness on the issues we dealt with. Besides that, as the motivation of the girls could be low when schools will resume due to this long gap, hence IECs could be instrumental in uplifting their motivation for education too, along with addressing different protection issues like child marriage etc. specific expectations from the consultant
- Conceptualize the IECs based on the table mentioned above
- Develop the content for IECs of two themes as mentioned above.
- The consultant/firm is expected to conceptualize the ideas for the illustration that supplements the content and should be gender balanced, child friendly for all the IECs
- Develop illustrations as per the requirement of the thematic areas of IECs
- The consultant will be responsible for designing and laying out of the IECs in a reader friendly and innovative manner and placing illustrations or photographs wherever appropriate, required and expected.
- The consultant will also be responsible for formatting and layout of the text including making text editions once the layout is done
- (vii)Preparing a print ready file of each IECs. Designing and formatting will be in line with Room to Read’s branding guidelines
- The content should be in Hindi (bol chaal ki bhasa). The final content should be proofread and completely error free.
- The consultants need to consider the feedback received from the RTR on the IEC.
- IECs based on the themes mentioend above. The final print ready files and the PDF/ JPEG need to be shared via mail.
- The consultant will need to provide services to complete all the above tasks in a given timeframe as outlined in this ToR and as will be mutually agreed to during the contract finalization.
- Professional Consultant / firm with demonstrated experience in creating innovative content development relating to children, girl’s education and development issues.
- Knowledge and work experience on content development using innovative ways.
- Knowledge of current happenings on issues related to Girls Education, Life Skills education; and Family, School and Community engagement methods.
- Demonstrated experience in design and illustration of materials related to children, girl’s education and development issues.
- Creativity and innovation is a must.
- Ability to work independently and to meet the given deadlines and adhere to the RtR guidelines.
- Excellent in easy daily spoken Hindi
Last date for submitting the proposals is 07th August’2020 on the email address mentioned below: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd