RFP Invited for Preparation of Odisha Fisheries Master Plan
Apply By: 16 Aug 2020
RFP - Preparation of Odisha Fisheries Master Plan
About the Organization
WorldFish is an international, non-for-profit research organization that works to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty by improving fisheries and aquaculture. WorldFish generates research evidence and innovations to inform sustainable practices and inclusive policies that enable better livelihoods and healthier diets for millions of poor people, particularly women, who depend on fish for food, nutrition and income. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR, the world’s largest global partnership on agriculture research and innovation for a food secure future.
WorldFish has been partnering the Government of Odisha in improving aquaculture and fisheries since 2016, supporting the implementation of a State level policy enacted in 2015. The cooperation has been funded mainly through an Odisha-WorldFish Project of the Fisheries and ARD Department, Government of Odisha.
This request for proposal is intended to seek suitably qualified consultants to assist in drafting a Fisheries Master Plan 2030 for Odisha. In this regard, WorldFish will be seeking a professional agency / expert consultant to lead the work collaboratively with the State government and WorldFish research teams. The output “Odisha Fisheries Master Plan” will include a comprehensive review of progress since 2016, an analysis of the challenges and opportunities for the fisheries sector in Odisha, and a Masterplan to be submitted to the Department for policy interventions, program and scheme development and implementation until 2030.
This Request for Proposal is open to all legally-constituted companies / agencies and individual expert consultants (National or International) who can provide the requested services.
About Odisha-WorldFish Project
WorldFish with funding support from Fisheries & ARD Department, Government of Odisha is implementing a 5.5-year project – “Technical Collaboration for implementation of the Odisha Fisheries Policy-2015”. The project period is July 2016 to March 2022. The overall goal of the project is to achieve “sustainable aquaculture and fisheries sector in Odisha, India, creating employment, stimulating inward investment and contributing to State goals for reducing malnutrition among vulnerable and marginalized communities, particularly women and children”
Scope of Work
The scope of work will include preparation of Odisha Fisheries Master Plan through primary and secondary data compilation and analyses, preparation of Action Plan for next 10 years and suitable schemes in support of the action plan. The entire activity shall be carried out in coordination with the WorldFish teams from Headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, Odisha-WorldFish Project staff in Odisha and Senior Officials of the Fisheries and ARD Department, Government of Odisha. In specific the activities should include -
- Take the leadership role and coordinate the preparation of Odisha Fisheries Master Plan in consultation with WorldFish Scientists, Odisha-WorldFish Project team and Fisheries & ARD Department, Government of Odisha.
- Review of the Odisha Fisheries Policy-2015 and assessment of key fisheries schemes implemented by Fisheries and ARD Department over the last 5 years and their potential for future impact.
- Review the Odisha-WorldFish Project outcomes and incorporate the lessons learnt in the Fisheries Master Plan.
- Review the schemes under recently launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (5-year Blue Revolution Program of the Government of India and implemented through Department of Fisheries in all the States and Union Territories) and provide the suggestions to align them for next 5 years of fisheries developmental activities in the state.
- Support WorldFish scientists in preparation of Fish supply/demand analysis and forecasting for the next 10 years. This should include Marine and Inland fisheries and aquaculture sectors (including domestic market oriented freshwater fish farming and export oriented brackish water shrimp farming).
- Conduct a futures looking analysis of key opportunities and challenges facing fisheries and aquatic food systems in Odisha, as well as major global trends in fish demand, digitization, population migration, income change, climate change, COVID-19, one health and need for safe and nutritious fish.
- Leading the FGDs, brainstorming sessions and gathering understanding of stakeholder views and opportunities.
- Draft the Action Plan required including timeline and budgetary investments required from Government and Private sector for achieving the forecasted fish demand in the state and export oriented production. This should include some radical measures to accelerate developments within the given time frame of 10 years, divided into 3-5 year milestones.
- Suggest various Government schemes for implementation of the Action Plan.
- Drafting of FMP.
- Presentation of FMP to policy and other stakeholders for feedback.
- Finalization of FMP for submission to the government.
Odisha Fisheries Master Plan document in a publishable format which should include following key components:
- Work plan for the preparation of the Masterplan, providing details of methodologies used.
- Future scenarios including fish supply/demand analysis and forecasting for the next 10 years. This should include Marine and Inland fisheries and aquaculture sectors (including domestic market oriented freshwater fish farming, export oriented brackish water shrimp farming, marine fisheries, inland fisheries).
- Future scenario building considering increase in human population, population migration, income change, climate change, one health, need for safe and nutritious fish etc.
- The accelerated use of digitalization and how this can be used to progress positive change in the fisheries and aquaculture in Odisha.
- Action Plan required with timeline and budgetary investments required from Government and Private sector for achieving the forecasted fish demand in the state and export oriented production.
- Suggested various schemes for implementation of the Action Plan.
Qualifications of the service provider:
The lead consultant or team leader must possess an advanced degree (Masters’ or PhD) in Agricultural Economics, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Life Sciences.
- The rest of the FMP study team, if any, of the service provider agency should possess academic qualification that complement the qualifications of the lead consultant or team leader, such that ultimately the team comprises a mix of technical expertise required to deliver on the scope of the study.
- Experience in preparation of Master Plan Fisheries or Livestock or Agriculture sector for National or Provincial Governments.
- Experience developing and implementing mixed‐methods research designs. Excellent skills in both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods are required in order to analyze policy, technical, social and economic data.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating ethical considerations that arise with conducting research on human subjects.
- Track record of writing detailed and yet concise Master Plans.
- Experience leading or co-leading Master Planning teams that have developed comprehensive Master Plans that have been adopted by the client Governments.
- Quality data collection tools development skills
- Strong data management and analysis
- Proficiency in the use of technological aids for enhancing the collection of quality data, analysis and presentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English language. Knowledge of Hindi/Odia will be an added advantage.
- Clear, practical, robust, logical and complementary methodological approaches are desired.
- Strong alignment to and interpretation of the RFP.
- Added insight by the service provider/consultant by commenting objectively on the ToR/RFP.
- Elaborate suggestions on tools to be used for capturing/recording data, data transmission, data monitoring, data analysis, and visual aids development for purposes of communicating the findings.
- Clear work plan in line with the RFP, and justification of potential deviations.
To achieve these, service provider/consultant are encouraged to make the best use of the project documents available and link the project result areas to CGIAR and global result frameworks.
Interested consultant (s) should submit their application consisting of the following latest by 16 August 2020:
- A cover letter including an explanation of the understanding of the TOR and a proof of experience with similar assignment,
- The CV of the consultant highlighting experience and similar previous assignments conducted,
- A tentative work plan and brief methodology on how the assignment will be carried out in the due course of time,
- Overall budget to perform this assignment.
Screening will start as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 August 2020 or until filled
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd