RFP Invited for Review and Reflection of Protect, Secure, Preserve: COVID-19 Response 2020
Organization: Oxfam India
Apply By: 07 Aug 2020
RFP - Review and Reflection of Protect, Secure, Preserve: COVID-19 Response 2020
About the Organization:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.
Protect, Secure, Preserve: COVID-19 Response 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic, which first hit China in December 2019 made its way to many countries across the globe, and hit India on 30th January 2020. Till 14th July 2020, India has reported 9,06,752 cases of COVID-19 and a total of 23,727 deaths due to COVID-19. With the outbreak of this pandemic, Oxfam India launched its Project PSP-Protect, Secure, Preserve- to support the most marginalized communities through distribution of food kits, hot cooked meals, safety kits and unconditional cash transfer.
Purpose of the Review
Oxfam India is committed to assessing and improving the quality of its humanitarian programs. As a contribution to meet this commitment, and create space for humanitarian teams to “step back” from their work and reflect on it, the organization makes use of reviews. These reviews are usually completed at an early stage of an operation, and lead to the production of succinct reports with recommendations for action and/or lessons identified. Though we were eager to conduct the review during the initial relief work, uncertainties coupled with various forms of restrictions (mobility, social distancing norms etc.) have resulted in the delay of the process.
As a part of the formulation of the preparation phase for the evaluation, Oxfam India has focused on the following parameters:
- Ensure the health and safety of staff, rights holders, and all relevant stakeholders
- Engage stakeholders to ensure the process is responsive to the context, transparent, participatory and inclusive
- Define objectives, scope, and key evaluation questions ensuring a gender and social inclusion perspective and exploration of the impacts of COVID-19
- Define the framework of analysis and key tools to be used
- Identify appropriate methods for gender-responsive remote data collection
Objectives of the Review
- To review the response against established benchmarks (to be provided by Oxfam at the start of the process) and to recommend immediate changes if required
- To review the response in the light of informing the humanitarian team and also key players in the intervention areas
- To review the effectiveness of capacity building of the partner staffs
- To identify good practices on social inclusion, gender mainstreaming, community engagement and stakeholder engagement.
- To review coordination processes internally and between Oxfam and partners and with different stakeholders if any
- To identify gaps (for both Oxfam India and Partners) and share recommendations
Key processes to initiate the review
The consultant is expected to propose a suitable methodology and tools to use to Oxfam for approval. For data quality assurance; the consultant will work alongside Oxfam’s MEAL team to develop the detailed review questions and ways of ensuring quality during the entire process from orientation of the different Oxfam staff, partner staff and beneficiaries, who will be engaged in the review; data collection, data management up to analysis and reporting of the outcomes. Oxfam recognizes the possibility of having to do remote consultations in some instances. However, the preferred option remains face-to-face options (in adherence to all COVID-19 protocols) for both KIIs and FGDs. Therefore, the consultant is encouraged to include remote options for consideration in their proposed methodology, for locations where physical access to the target audience proves difficult.
As a guide, the consultant’s methodology should include the following as part of the process:
- An initial discussion with Oxfam India Humanitarian team to ensure that all are clear on expectations and outcomes.
- A short planning call that involves a small group of relevant managers/staff that looks at the program logic (how activities link up to expected outcomes), identifies resources, stakeholders and data sources and finalizes evaluation questions.
- The team should draw on existing reports to maximize incremental learning from reviews across the organization.
- Speak to local partners and understand the current context in terms of rules and other policies.
- Speak to some beneficiaries
- Speak to regional and global staff (that have been working with India) and get inputs from them.
Required Qualification & Expertise of the consultant
Oxfam is seeking an experienced consultant/consulting firm with the following expertise:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting high quality, credible evaluations in the development sector
- Proficiency in the use of technology for conducting evaluations and assessments
- Demonstrated experience in the area of humanitarian work evaluation at the national & state level especially with the contribution of NGO sector.
- Familiarity with policy advocacy work and political sensitivities
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in multiple languages (preferably)
- Experience in designing and implementing evaluations with particular emphasis on participatory & inclusive methods. This includes methods that engage stakeholders from evaluation design, through implementation, data analysis & development/testing of recommendations. Also should include methods that enable meaningful participation of women and other groups including people with disabilities and younger & older people.
- Program implementation and/or management experience in relevant thematic sector i.e. humanitarian work & in the context where the program is implemented (or demonstrated understanding of program approach & implementation context)
- Evidence of involvement in producing quality & accessible reports (documents & other media for e.g. visual material including powerpoints & video)
- Demonstrated capacity for effective communication & interpersonal relationship with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge & use of evaluation ethics processes
- High level of understanding of Oxfam’s approach
The review is planned for August 2020, with the draft report completed by the end of September. The agency will propose a timeline and adhere strictly to the survey schedule proposed. It is expected that the assignment would be completed within 60 days from the award of the contract. This would be a Consultancy Contract for above said duration with a consolidated payment as per a pre agreed payment schedule.
Qualified and interested consultants are invited to submit a proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Proposal for Review and Reflection: COVID-19 Response”.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd