RFP Invited for Training Curriculum Development for Child Protection Workforce
Organization: NACG EVAC India
Apply By: 30 Jun 2020
RFP - Training Curriculum Development for Child Protection Workforce
About the Organization:
National Action and Coordination Group for Ending Violence Against Children, India (NACG EVAC India) is a country level civil society platform having its National Secretariat at People’s Cultural Centre (PECUC), Bhubaneswar, Odisha. They work under the broader framework of the South Asia Initiative to End Violence Against Children (SAIEVAC), which is an Apex Body of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). The proposed trainings and capacity building of different child protection stakeholders is a component of one of the project being implemented by NACG EVAC India in partnership with World Vision Germany, World Vision India and PECUC.
The National Action and Coordination Group for Ending Violence Against Children, India (hereafter referred as NACG EVAC India) is seeking proposal form eligible respondents (agencies/individuals, institutions) for designing training curriculum on child protection policies, laws and services for capacity building of different frontline service providers e.g. police, frontline health workers, medical practitioners, media personnel’s, school teachers, CWC & JJB members, children, parents and caregivers.
NACG EVAC India anticipates awarding one (1) or more respondents as a result of this solicitation. NACG EVAC India reserves the right to award more or fewer awards than anticipated
No communication intended to influence this procurement is permitted except by contacting the designated contact email provided below. Contacting anyone other than the designated contact (either directly by the Respondent or indirectly through a lobbyist or other person acting on the respondent’s behalf) in an attempt to influence this procurement: (1) may result in a Respondent being deemed a nonresponsive Respondent, and (2) may result in the Respondent not being awarded a contract.
This solicitation in no way obligates NACG EVAC India to award a contract nor does it commit NACG EVAC India to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal.
Scope of the Work/Key Deliverables:
Training Curriculums on following subject/topics are expected to be designed by the respondent:
Training resource materials in form of booklet/Brochure/ leaflet/toolkit/handbook (English, Hindi & Odia) This includes content mapping, chaptalization, content editing, graphics and designing, proof reading, Facilitator's Guide, Participant's workbook, and submission of the final document i.e. ready to print document. Presentation in MS PowerPoint.
Training Curriculum/ Contents
- Indian Constitution and Child Rights brochure in A4 size
- Booklet on Life skill (Adolescent boys & girls): Understanding basics of life skill. Empathy. Communication. Analytical thinking, Self-awareness skill, dealing with emotions, coping with stress. Problem solving, Decision making, inter-personal relation. Personal hygiene & nutrition. Gender role, physical & mental.
- Child Sexual Abuse (Children): To be developed in a child-friendly manner (English, Hindi & Odia) - Ref. WVI book) Booklet: What is Abuse? What is Physical, sexual, emotional, neglect, exploitation, violence? Impact of child abuse & symptoms Child Sexual Abuse and Law including POCSO, PCMA, JJ Act.
- Media Tool Kits: Child Sexual Abuse, Situation analysis: National and state; CSA & Law, Media Ethics, Status of Child sexual Abuse, Good practice of reporting etc. Prevention & Response - WVI materials to be reworked with incorporating current data. SoP and Role of Media in dealing with Child Sexual Abuse.
- Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) tool Kit (Handbook)–For Key-stakeholders i.e. Frontline health workers (ASHA/AWW); Child Protection Committee –CPC; Teachers; Child Welfare Committee –CWC; Juvenile Justice Board –JJB; Police- Spl Juvenile Police Units –SJPU; Doctors; District Child Protection Unit – DCPU.
The content of this handbook will include:
Part 1 (will cover 70-80% content) –Common to all stakeholders:
- CSA- Understanding CSA; its dynamics; forms & impact of CSA & its symptoms
- A brief on laws related to CSA (JJA Act & POCSO)
- Reporting & Legal Procedures
Part 2 (Will cover rest of 20-30%) – Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) specific to each of the above mentioned individual stakeholders (as per the trainings planned
- Child Sexual Abuse and law: Develop a common booklet covering law related to CSA which can be used by any of the above stakeholders. (Example: Frontline health workers, Child Protection Committee -CPC, Teachers, Child Welfare Committee -CWC, Juvenile Justice Board -JJB, Police-Spl Juvenile Police Units - SJPU, Doctors, District Child Protection Unit – DCPU)
It will cover main laws/Acts like: POCSO; JJ Act; IPC; CRPC; Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 (PCMA); Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956 and the recent Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill and important judgements related to CSA.
B. Facilitator manual/guide –for Training of trainers (ToT’s)
C. Presentation in native language- Hindi; English; Oriya
D. Pre-post questionnaire for each of the specific trainings/stakeholders.
- Booklet on School Safety (Teachers & AWW): School safety. NCPCR guideline, RTE guideline, POCSO guideline, Reporting mechanism, Do's and Don'ts, Child protection policy in School, Guideline for Residential schools (focus on Central, Delhi, Odisha Govt.)
- Psychosocial Counselling (Teacher and Anganwadi Workers)
- Brochures on Child friendly police station
The respondents/consultant must review the existing documents and would come out with specific requirements for each training programmes. This task includes the desk review of existing documents, team meeting, draft deliverables with designing and quality products and final production of materials.
The RFP/RFQ is open for qualified individuals, academic institutions, consulting firms, or Civil Society Organisations/ NGOs which have a legal mandate to take up consultancy contracts. The consultant can opt for development of one or more number of material as per their expertise.
It is expected that the applicant has:
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in Child Sexual Abuse and working knowledge of child rights-based programmes in India.
- In depth knowledge and experience in developing training modules, training kits, booklet, FAQ, SOP and child-friendly materials.
- Substantial knowledge of Child Protection issues, particularly child Sexual Abuse, Child marriage, Child Labour and child trafficking, preferably in South India
- High level of proficiency in subject matter i.e. Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation will be given top priority.
- The applicant should have a strong understanding of child protection principles and human rights ethics related to information management.
- Undertaken previous final training manual and booklets in this thematic area in India.
- The applicant must be available to commence work on a short notice.
How to Apply:
Interested Respondents should submit their proposals to email@example.com to express interest in submitting a narrative proposal with budget. Technical and contractual questions concerning this solicitation must be directed to the email provided above.
Please note that no application will be accepted without a proposal & budget. Please mention the assignment name in the subject line “Request for proposals- Child Protection Workforce Capacity Building to End Child Sexual Abuse in India.
Please submit the following documents preferably in MS word or PDF format.
- A letter for Expression of Interest Relevant past experience and proven track record two professional references. Organizational/individual profile
- Work-plan estimate of the number of days required for the assignment
- Detail Budget & Timeline.
- CVs of Individual/institution/and key members on the assignment
- Two samples of similar work
Closing Date: 30/06/2020
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd