RFP Invited for Translation of the Content of the Safe Delivery App into Various India Regional languages
Organization: Maternity India Foundation
Apply By: 23 Oct 2020
RFP - Translation of the Content of the Safe Delivery App into Various India Regional languages
About the Organization:
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that aims to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries. Maternity Foundation works to empower and mobilize women to seek care, to build the capacity of and train health practitioners, so that more women give birth with skilled birth attendance. Maternity Foundation focuses on developing evidence-based solutions that can be scaled up to benefit as many women and newborns as possible. With this approach, the organisation is positioning itself as a strong actor within the emerging field of mHealth, with mobile solutions such as The Safe Delivery App, which is currently being implemented across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia.
The Safe Delivery App:
The Safe Delivery App is an mHealth tool developed by Maternity Foundation and partners, for training of skilled birth attendants in management of normal and complicated deliveries in peripheral parts of the health system in low- and middle-income countries.
The Safe Delivery App was launched in India in 2017 by Govt. Of India along with LaQshay Program after the launching of the adapted version of the Safe Delivery App, it was further integrated in various program like Midwifery Initiative of Govt Of India.
The Safe Delivery App has animated clinical instruction films that cover the 7 signal functions of Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care (BEmONC):
- Stop post-partum bleeding
- Remove a retained placenta
- Manage maternal sepsis
- Manage hypertensive disorders
- Manage prolonged labour, including performing vacuum extraction
- Perform manual vacuum aspiration at complications to abortion
- Resuscitate the newborn
In addition to videos on these, the App also has instruction films on:
- Active management of the third stage of labour (to prevent PPH)
- Infection prevention and control (to prevent sepsis and to improve the hygiene standard)
- Care of Sick New Born (to increase newborn survival)
- Low Birth Weight
- COVID 19
Furthermore, the App includes:
- Action cards for acute emergencies containing the essential recommendations for each of the 7 BEmONC signal functions
- Essential drug list, that is ordered alphabetically and lists indications for use, dosage, contraindications and adverse reactions
- Selected Procedures are described in detail, for example how to insert a nasogastric tube and how to clean a manual vacuum aspirator
- Weekly push messages to stimulate learning
- A questionnaire to assess the users level of knowledge and confidence
Maternity India Foundation will like to invite applications from the agencies experienced in translating and developing the content of the App into regional languages of India namely : Marathi, Gujrati, Kannada, Tamil , Telegu ,Odia, Bengali, Assamese for public health cadres in India .
The focus of RFP is to develop Translation of Voiceover & text used in the animation, Practical Procedure, Action card , Drug list of the app and enter the same translation into CMS of the app.
Scope of Work
- Content of the app would be shared by Maternity Foundation in English after Agreement
- Adapt existing script of Videos , My learning, Action card, Practical Procedure in Safe Delivery App in all the purposed languages
- Alignment of existing animation, text as per new script adapted for Videos , My learning, Action card, Practical Procedure all the purposed languages
- Back Translation of the adapted script all the purposed languages ( eg Marathi to English)
- Entering of all the content into CMS into various languages
- The project work will start from 1st Nov 2020 and will end by 31 December 2020.
- Revision and Approval of aligned ,updated and translate existing script of Safe Delivery App
- Agreement on the final script
- Final script for Voiceover , and for CMS entry
- Update CMS as per revised script, action cards and practical procedure
Quality assurance as it relates to the New Language Version of the Indian version of Safe Delivery App. In order to ensure a high-quality deliverable, Maternity Foundation will ask to do the following:
- Maternity Foundation will ask the agency to make sure that after the initial translation, the content is then back-translated - a translator interprets the manuscript back into the original language (English). Usually this process is done by a translator who has not been previously involved in the project (and thus has no prior knowledge of the objectives or its specific context) to ensure it is done objectively.
Opening, Evaluation and Agreement:
- Quotation may be opened by Maternity Foundation at any time after the submission deadline. All quotations satisfying the requirements of this RFP will be evaluated to establish which of the applicant(s) best fulfils the needs of Maternity Foundation.
- Maternity Foundation anticipates entering into an agreement with this/these applicant(s) to execute the proposed work.
- This RFP does not commit Maternity Foundation to award a grant or to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a Proposal for the goods and/or services offered.
- Maternity Foundation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Proposals received as a result of this request, to negotiate with all qualified applicant(s) or to cancel this RFP, if it is in the best interests of Maternity Foundation to do so. The decision of Maternity Foundation shall be final.
- Only shortlisted vendor/s shall be contacted.
- Selection will be based on evaluation criteria.
Proposals should include vendor’s description of the work that would be performed along with following information:
- Contact information: i) name of the vendor; ii) postal address; iii) telephone/Fax; iv) email address
- Copy of registration certificate, GST, PAN Card, etc.
- The contact information of a representative of your firm with whom Maternity Foundation can contact on a daily basis
- ITR or Audited financial report for last two financial years.
- Brief note on relevant past experience of your firm along with clientele
The Applications should be as per the following before closing date:
- Proposal must be submitted through mail on above mentioned emails duly filled, signed, and stamped by the authorised representative.
- Maternity Foundation reserves the right to waive irregularities and to reject any or all bids.
- Maternity Foundation also reserves the right to negotiate with the selected bidder in the event that the price exceeds available funds.
- Maternity Foundation may consider informal any Proposal not prepared and/or not submitted in accordance with the provisions hereof and may waive any informalities or reject any and all Proposals. Any Proposal may be withdrawn prior to the above scheduled time for the opening of Proposals or authorized postponement thereof.
- Responses to this Request for Proposals are required to be submitted on or before October 23, 2020
- Delay submitted proposal shall be rejected only Procurement committee will have to right to consider in specific situation.
- Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected. No further correspondence will be entertained from rejected applicants.
Deadline: On or before 17:00 hrs on October 23, 2020
Submission Address: (For queries as well)
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd