RFP for Conducting Baseline and Endline Surveys of AIF’s Education Programme - LAMP
Organization: American India Foundation (AIF)
Apply By: 12 Apr 2021
RFP - Conducting Baseline and Endline Surveys of AIF’s Education Programme – LAMP in 4 states
About the Organization:
The American India Foundation is committed to disrupting poverty, catalyzing social and economic change in India, and building a lasting bridge between the United States and India through highimpact interventions in education, livelihoods, public health, and leadership development, with a particular emphasis on empowering girls and women to achieve gender equity. Working closely with local communities, AIF partners with location organisations to develop and test innovative solutions and with governments to create and scale sustainable impact. Founded in 2001 at the initiative of President Bill Clinton following a suggestion from Indian Prime Minister Vajpayee, AIF has impacted 6.7 million lives covering 26 states states in India.
About Learning and Migration Program (LAMP):
American India Foundation’s Learning and Migration Program (LAMP) has been working in rural and highly underserved regions where school dropout often occurs due to distressed seasonal migration undertaken by the family. This has a multiplicative effect on children as they are forced to drop out of schools, accompany their parents to migration sites and engage in manual labour in hazardous industries such as brick kilns, salt pans and stone quarries etc.
- Children in Anganwadi (3-5 years)
- Children affected by seasonal migration, primarily from 6-16 years’ age group
- Girls, including adolescents
- Youth and women (18-35 age group)
- School Management Committees
- Panchayats (Village governance body)
- Govt. stakeholders (teachers, Cluster Resource Centress, Block Resource Centres, state education department officials)
Scope of Work:
Need for research:
- The main purpose of this research is to establish the benchmark of average scores before implementing the LAMP intervention. These scores will be compared with the scores after the completion of the intervention to ascertain the improvement in the scores. The comparison would be statistically tested to establish attribution/ contribution of the programme on the learning levels of the students.
- To establish benchmark scores of students in LAMP intervention schools and compare them with Endline scores by conducting a pre-post and/ or treatment-control evaluation1
- To measure the awareness levels of SMC members on right to education act and also to measure their current participation in SMC meeting and activities.
- To take feedback of teachers on remediation of children before and after undergoing the training
Design and Methodology:
- Agencies to propose a design and methodology for Baseline and Endline which will help AIF to understand the cumulative impact of the programme after 4 years of intervention. For which, they encourage agencies to submit various designs (including Randomized Control Trails).
Responsibility of the agency:
The responsibilities of the agency would include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, training and deployment of field surveyors, supervisors, monitors and field executives for the Baseline and Endline survey
- Optimizing survey team structure to ensure highest quality data collection within budget
- Provide an inception report detailing the implementation plan for the study
- Develop, pre-test, finalize research tools in consultation with AIF
- Translate research tools in to local languages
- Collaborate with the research team at AIF to revise the survey plan, survey, and survey methods to ensure the objectives of the project are realized
- Submit a final detailed report and presentation with findings and outlining the survey process, relevant survey statistics, and a section commenting on the quality of the data
- Liaise with key stakeholders on the government side to ensure full cooperation from relevant government agencies in undertaking the survey
- Staff this project with team leaders and members with demonstrable experience in leading social sector surveys of this nature
- Ensure consistency of project team leaders as turnover hampers data collection quality and risks loss of information on survey methods and implementation.
- Research methodology designed for conducting baseline and endline surveys of the programme
- Inception Report (including the first draft of tools)
- Report on pre-testing of tools
- Final data collection tools prepared in consultation with AIF
- Training report along with final translated tools
- Operationalization plan: field plans, field progress reports.
- Analysis plan
- Chapterization plan for the report
- Top-line presentations- Baseline and Endline stages
- Baseline and Endline reports based on agreed upon research design
Submit your proposal (as a single PDF file) by 12th April, 2021, 5pm India Time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals submitted after this deadline will not be considered. For any queries, you may write in latest by 29th March, 2021.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd