RFP for Implementation of Plastic Waste Management and Livelihood” to be implemented in (i) Ludhiana, Punjab and (ii) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Apply By: 26 Feb 2020
RFP title: RFP for Implementation of Plastic Waste Management and Livelihood” to be implemented in (i) Ludhiana, Punjab and (ii) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Deadline: 26th February 2020
UNDP India in collaboration with Coca Cola India foundation (CCIF), in its initiative has proposed a project on Plastic Waste Management & Livelihood to be implemented in close partnership with the Urban Local Bodies. This initiative is designed to minimize the impacts and risks to environment and human health, by enhancing sustainable Plastic Waste Management practices, through a socio-technical model (segregation/collection/ recycling).
The socio-technical while being economically sustainable also ensures compliance with regulations, to improve use of resources with a circular economy approach and in line with Swachh Bharat Mission of India; and Government of India Plastic Waste Management (PWM) Rules, 2016.
The project is structured into 4 components.
Component 1: Development of Swacchta Kendra- Understanding the waste management status, recycling Infrastructure & resources available in the ecosystem and Designing of the model material recovery centre as Swacchta Kendra (SK) for improved plastic waste management, under a community led integrated approach.
Component 2: Safaii Sathis Institutionalization & Creating Livelihood opportunity- Ensure mainstreaming of the Safaii Sathis (SS) by empowering them through various social security schemes and recognising their service to society and environment protection.
Component 3: Public outreach & communication- Developing project related communication & outreach collateral for effective public outreach and advocacy through a defined communication strategy and knowledge management.
Objectives of the Assignment:
The selected Implementing partner (IP) is expected to:
- Facilitate implementation of activities in the areas of plastic waste management in the city of selection. The IP will be involved in day to day activities for setting up of the Material Recovery Centre, coordination with the local bodies for any necessary follow for project implementation, meeting the compliance requirement of the concerned authorities and day to day operation of the Material Recovery Centre. The partner will be ensuring segregation, collection and recycling plastic waste and get a transparent verifiable system of waste flow along the waste value chain as per table provided below.
- The partner will link all streams of dry waste to respective recyclers.
- Maintain good relations with primary stakeholders for sustainable implementation of activities using participatory and gender sensitive tools. Also, maintain good relationships with local and state authorities e.g. state pollution boards; urban local bodies, state environment departments etc and have an excellent track record with the waste collectors, related CBOs/NGOs, communities of practice in the community development, Behavior Change Communications (BCC) and Information, Education and Communications (IEC) processes and systems;
- IP plays a key role in the traceability, accountability and governance of the program and ensuring daily data recording as per the programs monitoring & evaluation system.
- Ensure proper monitoring for each activity at all levels and reporting back to the ULBs, UNDP project units as per required systems.
- IP maintains continuous links to different stakeholders and institutions, including directions and guidance from ULBs, UNDP and donors
- IP maintains regular link with ULBs; anchors the program in the city and seeks support in the form of infrastructure (land, building, equipment's, fixed and movable assets) as well as ward allocation, policy support, etc. through ULBs or other sources.
Scope of Work
- The selected IP will undertake tasks as listed against each component. It is envisaged that the IP will ensure implementation of the following activities but due to the dynamic situation of Plastic waste management new activities can also be included in the contract.
- The list below is for first year activities, some activities will be on-going during future years, along with new activities added in the subsequent years. Every year new budget lines will be agreed for the activities and a year plan will be approved.
- IP will ensure to develop and implement a revenue model-based approach through the swachhta kendra and monitor the project in lines with the guidance provided by the project team. Clear and periodic agreements will be made with recyclers, kadadiwallahas etc to generate revenue streams for the plastics waste to be Recycled.
- IP will develop creative ways of linking with schools, educational institutions, shops, hospitals, industry houses etc. (other stakeholders) in the given areas for collection of plastic and other dry waste for recycling).
Duration of Assingment, Deliverables, Payment Terms and Place of Work
- The contract duration will be for one year initially, extendable for upto maximum of three years depending upon availability of budget and satisfactory performance of the selected IP.
- Payment will be made every three months.
- Once a contract is awarded to the selected IP at city level, first payment will be based on submission of detailed workplan (including list of activities and estimated costs) by IP and acceptance of the same by UNDP.
- Subsequent payments will be based upon the financial break-up submitted and agreed by UNDP during the implementation time.
- The selected IP will be required to submit Audited Utilization Certificate from a Chartered Accountant to UNDP before release of next payment. (Formats will be provided).
- Place of work will be the city for which the IP has applied and selected.
Contact Person for Inquiries (Written inquiries only)
Ranjan Sinha, Procurement Unit
Any delay in UNDP’s response shall be not used as a reason for extending the deadline for submission, unless UNDP determines that such an extension is necessary and communicates a new deadline to the Proposers.
Who can apply?
Proposals are invited from Non-government organizations (NGOs)/ Community based organizations (CBOs) / institutions / organizations/social enterprise/ company / SHG only. Proposal submitted by Individuals will not be accepted.
Please note this procurement process is being conducted through online tendering system of UNDP. Bidders who wish to submit an offer must register in the system. In order to access bidding document and register, please visit https://etendering.partneragencies.org using below given generic user ID and password:-
(event ID # IND10 - 0000005389)
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd