Subscribe our Weekly Newsletter
RFP for for conducting a baseline study & livelihood mapping of families across 4 states (Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh) and in identified districts.
Organization: Caritas India
Apply By: 05 Apr 2023
About the Organization
Since inception in 1962, Caritas India, as a development organization is synonymous with 'love in action' with last-mile connectivity through a network of more than 200 organizations. Aligned with the constitutional principles of the Country, Caritas India reaches out to marginalized communities through different development and HADRR programmes. Caritas India continue to look for innovative and effective ways of engagement to bring about a sustainable change in the society. Resultantly, with a large spectrum of development interventions across the country, Caritas India is recognized as a leading NGO in poverty alleviation through Climate adaptive sustainable agriculture and livelihood, Emergencies, Disaster Risk Reduction & Peace Building, Community Health Care, Tribal Development, Child Protection & Development, Anti-Human Trafficking and Dalit Inclusion & Development.
About the Proposal
Conduct a baseline study & livelihood mapping of families across 4 states (Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh) across India and in identified districts as mentioned in below table:
Scope of the Study:
- With the support of local block/ taluka level Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) and statistics department, the details of children in the identified geography who are living in vulnerable conditions with low income.
- Identify the needs and issues and socio-economic risks faced by such families and children.
- Identify local market ecosystems (mainstream/ subsistence), related income generation possibilities for women and girls from such families and related youth skilling requirement.
- Identify the natural resource base on which such families depend and draw their livelihood contribution on yearly/monthly basis.
- Analyze the local support mechanism available for such families and their children (comprising of development ecosystem players and their schemes – govt, non-govt., SRLM, CBOs, local financial institutions including microfinance institutions, SHGs and others.
- Identify the current income of the families and the sources. Also understanding the expenditure pattern.
- Understanding the education status of children (whether inside schools, regular in schooling or drop outs) from these mentioned locations as well as other indicators that places the child at risk.
- Suggest measures to address the challenges faced by these women, children, and their families to protect them from adversities and promote their developmental needs.
- Identify youth who are dropouts from schools and their income generation activities in these villages.
- Understanding the situation of especially abled children (handicap) across these locations.
- Study will provide a list of 4,500 households (with children) from 50 villages who are living in vulnerable conditions and children who are at the risk of losing childhood.
- Inception Report (detailed and refined methodology, framework for analysis, research tool, formats, selection of districts, sampling plan and work plan with key milestones).
- Draft Report shall cover qualitative data arising from exploration of primary and secondary research including Theory of Change.
- Results sharing of the draft report.
- Two copies of the Final Report which should include substantive recommendations to be submitted in spiral binding.
- Data related:
- Clean collected data and share data in Excel/Word accurately and timely
- Securely store data and tools with full confidentiality
- Submit entire data set and hard copies of the tools to CARITAS India office.
- Map of the proposed village listed in the table with the proposed cluster marked
- Abide by the child protection policy of CARITAS India and sign a contract in this regard before going to field for data collection.
- Ensure that written consent has been received from the interviewees.
- Ensure entire survey team participates in orientation training and planning meeting conducted with CARITAS India.
- Design tools for the study and finalize with CARITAS India team’s inputs.
- Participate in debriefing meetings as scheduled with CARITAS India for sharing potential concerns and recommending process improvements.
- Submission of Baseline & Livelihood Mapping Report as per suggestions and inputs from CARITAS India Team
The study should be completed within 2 months from the signing of contract.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd