Scope of Work (SOW) for Pilot Tool Assessment Study Life Skills Collaborative
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 24 Jan 2022
Room to Read envisions a world in which all children can pursue a quality education, reach their full potential and contribute to their community and the world. To achieve this goal, we focus on two areas where we believe we can have the greatest impact: literacy and gender equality in education. We work in collaboration with communities and local governments across Asia and Africa to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the life skills they’ll need to succeed in school and beyond. Over 10 million children have benefitted from Room to Read’s programs over the past ten years.
India is Room to Read’s fourth country of operation, and has impacted millions of children with its key programs. Since our inception in 2003 in India, we have been touching the lives of several young minds across states like Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. We aim to make available educational opportunities and resources to more disadvantaged kids, in our mission to break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy at a time
Background of the Project
The National Education Policy 2020 lays focus on the need to replace rote learning with creativity and innovation and calls for equipping young people (11 to 18 year olds) with abilities to respond to the requirements of the fast-changing world. Specifically, the NEP highlights the development of critical thinking, inquiry, discovery, discussion and analysis based teaching and learning methods for holistic education
In order to make life skills ecosystem in India a reality, Life Skills Collaborative (LSC) was formulated as a collective of 18 like-minded organisations, which have experience of over 300 years in designing and implementing programs and working with the government in co-creating impact.
LSC aims to help organizations, institutions and government agencies in transforming the learning ecosystem so that young people can thrive. LSC will build a Life Skills platform for India which will include building:
- Awareness in the area of Life Skills by listening to voices from the field of different stakeholders in order to drive evidence-based government engagement and action
- A contextual glossary or a set of definitions to evolve a common vocabulary to purposefully develop Life Skills in India
- A set of assessment tools focusing on evaluating life skills in adolescents in the age group of 11 years to 18 years.
Over the course of three years, LSC aims to partner with State Governments to build and roll out these assessment tools to over 40,000 students, 1,000 teachers and 100 State government officials.
Room to Read is anchoring the Life Skill Collaborative initiatives in Uttarakhand as a government engagement partner. In collaboration with the Uttarakhand education department, RTR will facilitate a pilot of life skill glossary, assessment tool and voices from ground in three districts of the state, incorporating state-specific contextualized inputs. The pilot will provide evidence of community and system readiness and help the government in establishing a state-wide assessment framework for key life skills among children.
Responsibility of Data Collection Agency Supervisor
- Discuss with the Headmaster/point teacher for necessary permissions, orientation about the study, signing of school consent form, deriving list of students to be assessed and support in data collection
- Supervise real time data quality checks and cross-verification
- Check each filed in order to ensure that all the entries are free from technical flaws.
- Provide necessary on-field technical support to the enumerators while data collection.
Team Qualifications of Data Collection Agency
- Team leader– At least 10 years’ experience in educational/life skills assessment projects, preferably in school settings or with children/adolescent target group.
- Supervisor – Must be a graduate and minimum have a 3 years’ experience educational/life skills assessment projects, preferably in school settings or with children/adolescent target group.
- Enumerators/Data collectors
- Preferably B.Ed/M.E/M.A. or any graduate with interest /experience in the field of school education.
- Candidates should possess good communication skills, fluency in the local language and basic knowledge of English.
- Preference should be given to women and candidates with teaching experience.
How to Apply:
- Agencies Need to Submit TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL PROPOSALS IN SEPARATE EMAILS
- Proposals to be submitted over Procurement.India@roomtoread.org (without copying anyone from RTR and neither the below mentioned email ID)
- Last Date for the submission is 24th January 2022
- Subject for submission of Technical Proposal is – TECHNICAL PROPOSAL – Pilot Tool Assessment Study - Life Skills Collaborative
- Subject for submission of Financial Proposal is – FINANCIAL PROPOSAL – Pilot Tool Assessment Study - Life Skills Collaborative
Contact Person for Any Clarification
Name: Anuj Sharma
Email ID: email@example.com
To download the full ToR, click here
Latest Online Store
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd