(Re-Advert.) Green Finance Specialist (Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency)
Organization: Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
Apply By: 15 Dec 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies.
Job Description/ Responsibilities
The Green Finance Specialist (with a strong focus on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy) will be part of GGGI India team and work on the design, development, and technical support of green and sustainable energy project portfolio of GGGI. With a sound understanding of green/sustainable energy finance products, mechanisms, and programs, the Specialist will help strengthen GGGI’s value proposition in making renewable energy and energy efficiency projects attractive for investments. The task will involve developing business models, financial reengineering, mobilising finance through debt and equity, develop financing vehicles, climate and carbon financing, establishment of infrastructure debt funds and energy. The job also requires engagement with senior government officials, private sector, and leading the discussions with international and local financial institutions. The Specialist will review/draft analytical papers, participate in knowledge sharing programs, and refine/solidify, and expand GGGI’s service offerings related to the sustainable energy and energy efficiency portfolio in India Country Program.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a sound understanding of investment methods and financing solutions, including ample experience handling a variety of investment instruments in project and corporate finance in both the private sector as well as public sector environments. The candidate must have demonstrable experience of delivering projects in both the public and private sector through all stages of project delivery.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in strategic planning, investment methods and financing solutions, including ample experience of handling a variety of investment instruments in project and corporate finance in both the private sector as well as public sector environments with a strong focus in the area(s) of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable development, carbon/climate finance, preferably at the international level.
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in project finance and /or structured finance in financial institutions (Banks, Non-Banking Financial institution, Equity Funds, DFIs) or financial advisory services with demonstrable understanding of end-to-end transaction cycle.
- Experience of working on developing policies/regulations for Government/Regulators on renewable energy/energy efficiency.
- Experience in carrying out energy audits, energy cost reduction studies, energy efficiency strategy studies for industries, buildings would be added advantage
- For those with experience in Energy Efficiency, qualifications of Certified energy auditor would be preferred.
- Advanced University degree in areas such as international business or economics with further financial/economics training (Master’s in Finance or MBA with Specialization in Finance)
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously and to navigate through complex environments
- Willingness and ability to travel both within India and abroad
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential. Other languages a significant bonus.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd