Individual Consultant – Block Technical Coordinator-Forward Linkage
Apply By: 28 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Individual Consultant – Block Technical Coordinator _Forward Linkage Uttar Kannada, Karnataka (3 Posts)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Responsible for execution and monitoring of the sanctioned value chain development projects at the block level
- Continuously scout for opportunities by analyzing potential for developing value chain interventions for existing commodities being produced in the block
- Facilitate the technical support agencies in implementation of the sanctioned projects.
- Maintain information regarding produce of the SHG members, markets (prices and trends), commodity-wise details of local and block level markets.
- Identifying local buyers / local buyers, facilitating buyer seller meets at the block level
- Collection of information / data for development of new proposals in value chain development
- Execution of capacity building plans for the project staff, udyogmitra and community members on farm livelihoods and value chain development
- Facilitate workshops, consultations necessary for developing manuals and guidelines to facilitate implementation of value chain development.
- Identify and document best practices in value chain development under farm livelihoods initiatives in the block
- Ensuring data collection and entry into MIS for monitoring and evaluation of value chain interventions.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities as assigned by the Mission Director
- Knowledge of supply chain management, execution of procurement operations, project management.
- Familiarity with mutual assistance principles, functioning of cooperatives or other community-based business enterprises, governance mechanisms for Producer Companies would be preferred.
- Ability to work with government agencies, technical support partners at the block level
- Ability to work effectively with community resource persons, community and field staff to deliver results
- Effective Teamwork with conflict resolution skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate in Rural Development/Rural Management/social sciences or UG (4 years course) in Agri Science, Forestry and relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience of procurement and marketing of specific agri commodity on large scale, experience in managing agriculture commodity supply chain in companies engaged in agribusiness
- P&L handling experience for an area / product line within an agri- commodity focused corporate environment.
- Experience in procurement / marketing of agriculture commodities.
- Experience of setting up field level procurement centers
- Proven experience of leading professional staff and builds their initiative and enables them to function as members of efficient and effective teams
- Demonstrable experience of project management, ensuring the delivery of high quality programmes as well as managing internal learning processes across virtual teams
- Managed a team of at least 5 field staff.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd