Academic Associate - Centre for Public Policy (CPP)
Organization: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Apply By: 04 Aug 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, they were the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
Position: Academic Associate (AA) at the Centre for Public Policy (CPP).
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore invites applications for the position of Academic Associate (AA) at the Centre for Public Policy (CPP). Academic Associate programme at CPP is designed to help interns prepare for an independent academic career. They are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent academic credentials and a demonstrable interest in building an academic career.
Primary responsibilities include assisting faculty members with their ongoing research and teaching projects. Representative teaching assistant responsibilities include the required MBA course, Business, Government, and Society.
- The ideal candidate will be somebody with excellent data science skills (extensive programming experience in at least one of R, or Stata is a prerequisite) looking to transition into an academic career in economics or political science.
- Motivated candidates with at least a Bachelors degree, and an interest in applying data science skills in a social science domain are encouraged to apply.
- This position is best suited for candidates looking to gain research and teaching experience as a prelude to a doctoral degree in economics, political science, or a cognate quantitative social science discipline.
- An interest and familiarity with debates in economic and social inequality will be a distinct advantage (the position will provide opportunities to work with large global inequality datasets).
- For shortlisted candidates, the selection process will include a small “data hackathon” project that will need a time investment of approximately 4-5 hours and will be used to determine programming proficiency.
An all-inclusive monthly emolument in the range of Rs.30,000 to Rs.36,000 per month plus an additional house rent allowance of Rs.8,000 per month based on educational qualification and experience of the applicant Annual increment will be based on the performance.
Duration of the Assignment:
Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to three years based on performance review. If the candidate registers for a Ph.D. programme in another institution within the 3 years, a further extension of two years can be given, and additional one year if sufficient progress on the dissertation work is seen.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd