Organization: United States – India Educational Foundation
Apply By: 10 Nov 2021
Location: Chennai(Tamil Nadu)
The United States–India Educational Foundation (USIEF), established in 1950, promotes educational exchange between the U.S. and India. USIEF activities are described on www.usief.org.in. USIEF seeks result-oriented candidates with professional experience and a desire to excel in the following position:
Administrative Associate, Chennai
Basic Functions of the Position:
The incumbent serves as a key member of the USIEF Chennai team, reporting to the Regional Officer. The Administrative Associate is responsible for managing accounts, purchase and maintenance of assets and general office stationery requirements, facilitating logistical arrangements for events and meetings, and providing administrative support for Fulbright and EducationUSA programs in the region. The position is full time (40 hours per week)
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain accounts – petty cash, program and bank.
- Manage assets – procurement, inventory, upkeep, and disposal.
- Provide facilitative services to visiting American scholars – information on cities, housing, foreigners’ registration, travel, health and settling-in.
- Assist with database entry for the Indian Fulbright applications.
- Maintain files related to American scholars and Indian fellowships.
- Assist in the coordination of selection and screening committees for the Fulbright Program.
- Coordinate administrative tasks related to EducationUSA and Fulbright activities, such as RSVPs, venue bookings and arrangement for university fairs, pre-departure orientations and special events.
- Maintain the EducationUSA library books and other display materials.
- Manage the information desk: Provide information about USIEF services to visitors and manage phone enquiries; handle routine tasks such as attestation services.
- Assist in test administration – proctoring, checking student credentials, ensuring test center validity and allied responsibilities as per the College Board/Educational Testing Services’ guidelines -- of the relevant standardized test being administered at the EducationUSA Center.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the Regional Officer.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
Experience: Minimum two years of relevant work experience. Knowledge of accounts and experience in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
Knowledge: Accounts and experience in a multicultural environment will be an added advantage.
Skills: High level oral and written English communication, and interpersonal skills; Self-driven with strong networking and liaising skills; Experience in organizing conferences or similar events; Proven ability to work in a team environment; multitasking while maintaining a close attention to detail, and problem-solving skills are assets. Collaborative spirit and an appreciation of openness and diversity. Fluency in MS Office – Outlook, word, excel, power-point and other presentation tools; database management; adept in Internet-based tools.
Compensation: Annual salary 5.47 lakh plus benefits of approx. 2.88 lakh.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): USIEF provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should complete the USIEF EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (downloadable from http://www.usief.org.in/uploadip/usief_employment_application_form.doc)
and e-mail as word attachment to email@example.com along with detailed CV and a Cover letter explaining how you meet the competency criteria.
The last date for receiving the completed application forms for the position is November 10, 2021 by 23:59 hrs.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Queries regarding application status will not be entertained.
Only applications completed on the USIEF Employment Application Form along with detailed CV and Cover letter will be considered.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd