Assistant Program Officer
Organization: Population Council
Apply By: 05 Mar 2021
About the Organization:
The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, non-governmental organization. The Council conducts research in biomedicine, social science, and public health and helps build research capacities in developing countries. One-third of their research relates to HIV and AIDS; while their other major program areas are in reproductive health and its relation to poverty, youth, and gender. The organization held the license for Norplant contraceptive implant, and now holds the license for Mirena intrauterine system. They also provides a forum for discussion on related issues of public policy and Studies in Family Planning, which focuses on public health, social science, and biomedical research involving sexual and reproductive health, fertility, and family planning.
Position: Assistant Program Officer
The Population Council is seeking an Assistant Program Officer to support studies that focus on examining the inter-linkages between education and child labour, mapping educational policies and programs that can impact child labour, assessing the role of debt in overseas labour migration in India and, examining reintegration models for women who experienced commercial sexual exploitation reintegration models implemented in Bangladesh and India. The studies will assess the effects of safe migration ecosystem building intervention in improving migrants’ knowledge about safe migration pathways, helping them follow such pathways and reducing the experience of forced labour among migrants in India.
The Assistant Program Officer will be required to support in conducting the following activities:
- Responsible for conducting literature reviews and designing qualitative data collection tools and guidelines
- Conduct trainings for field investigators on qualitative data collection and manage and coordinate a team of field investigators
- Support in preparing project reports, research briefs, presentations, and research papers
- Support in organizing workshops, conference, and partner/donor meetings
- Managing and monitor the progress of the research activities for assigned projects
- Ensure the quality of all research activities including data collection and analysis
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- Completed a Master’s degree or PhD in Social Sciences like Sociology and Economics
- Prior experience of about 5 years is mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting literature reviews, developing qualitative instruments, conducting interviews and data analysis.
- Proficient in conducting in-depth interviews, key informant interviews and moderate focus group discussions, with stakeholder from community [including adolescent boys and girls, parents; migrant workers; commercial sexual exploitation survivors], elected representatives, government officials and other development partners
- Proficient in analysing and interpreting qualitative data (preferably by using software’s like Nvivo and Atlas-ti) and ability to triangulate qualitative data with quantitative data findings
- Preference will be given to those who have research experience and peer-reviewed publications in the field of child labour, sexual violence, commercial sexual exploitation, trafficking and modern slavery or migration.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume by 05 March 2021 to email: Jobs-India@popcouncil.org.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd