Associate, Literacy Cloud Power User
Organization: Room to Read
Apply By: 14 Oct 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Position title: Associate, Literacy Cloud Power User
Location: New Delhi
Start Date: 14 Sep 2021
End Date: 14 Oct 2021
Room to Read India was established in 2003 and presently have programs in 9 states- Chhattisgarh, Delhi NCR, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Our Literacy Program has been implemented in 15642 government schools, training 25,741 teachers trained in library management and reading activities. Over the same period our Girls’ Education & Gender Equality Program has benefitted over 62,457 girls.
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized and sustained by governments. With its, global headquarters in San Fransisco, Room to Read has benefited 18 million children across over 30,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. Room to Read India has received several awards and recognition over the years including recognition as one of the top ten NGOs to work for during the past six years by the Great Places to Work Institute., and Zambia.
The Literacy Cloud Power User (LCPU) is the “master” of the Literacy Cloud platform at the country level. She/he will be the part of Quality Reading Material (QRM) department and will report to Sr. Manager, QRM
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Serve as the Literacy Cloud expert in country
- Has sub-administrative access to Literacy Cloud.
- Understands the ins and outs of the backend, how to adjust content, troubleshoot issues, and when to communicate issues “up the chain.”
- The LCPU should be aware of the content on Literacy Cloud in the local language(s).
- Should look at what current content exists on the platform and when new content is uploaded and changed.
(B) Provide Literacy Cloud support and guidance to Programs
- Locally owns the guidance for key processes. If someone asks for guidance to upload content, for example, the LCPU provides training, walks colleagues through steps OR knows were to find the written guidelines to support.
- Deliver the training to key persons on navigating the backend of the platform
- Provide orientation on Literacy Cloud to New joinees
- Guide and support key people on content upload if required
- Take feedback and support GO in making the training process better and updating guidelines if and when required
- Work with the Communications Team to promote Literacy Cloud
(C) Provide input into Program workplans (coordinate, as needed)
- Understands the process and time required for uploading new content to Literacy Cloud.
- Works with the QRM team to provide input into schedules and workplans for Literacy Cloud uploads. Helps coordinate uploading of content across teams, where needed.
(D) Connect / collaborate to keep Literacy Cloud up to date.
- Acts as the eyes, ears and voice of Literacy Cloud in country. Informs colleagues of platform updates.
- Coordinates the translations of periodic updates to keep the platform up to date in the local language.
- Documents challenges and pain points and provides recommendations to make the platform more user friendly.
(E) Serve as the Primary Contact for Literacy Cloud in country
- Communicates with the Global Literacy Cloud Team.
- Represents the country office in periodic meetings with other country offices and global office colleagues as it relates to Literacy Cloud.
- B.Tech /B.C.A/B.Sc (Computers) from Recognized University or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience on data base handling.
- Prior experience of working with Non-Profit Organization and knowledge of managing databases.
- Experience on Managing online content/ web portals.
- Experience in Training end users on computer applications on online platforms
- Knowledge of Ms-Office Packages (MS-EXCEL, MS- ACCESS, MS-POWERPOINT) is compulsory
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills (Both Hindi & English)
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to perform Multi – Tasking
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you’re not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read has zero tolerance when it comes to child abuse and exploitation and believes that all children have equal rights to protection. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the child protection policy, code of conduct and standards and will undergo rigorous reference and background check through third party. Background check will include the verification of employment history and criminal check. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
To submit your application please CLICK HERE
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read. Regret the inconvenience. Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We always encourage women to apply.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd