Associate – Communications Coordinator
Organization: World Resources Institute (WRI)
Apply By: 31 Dec 2020
About the Organization:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
Position: Associate – Communications Coordinator
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
The Associate - Communications Coordinator for Electric Mobility practice will work closely with the Electric Mobility team, WRI India’s Sustainable Cities communications team, and WRI India’s core communications team. The role entails developing and managing communication and outreach initiatives, liaising with partners, and supervising visual elements for on ground and digital initiatives. The selected candidate will report to Director – Electric Mobility.
The primary responsibility of this role is content creation that involves writing, editing, and proof-reading while digital outreach, website maintenance and on-ground event support are additional responsibilities.
- Provide writing, editing and proof-reading support.
- Help team members write blogs and proof/edit to meet WRI India’s standards.
- Write press releases, newsletters, and social media content along with ideating, facilitating, and editing op-eds for external publication. Check for length, language, flow, spelling and grammar.
- Document on-ground activities – challenges, opportunities and impact.
- Serve as liaison between WRI India communications and program staff to develop program-related communications.
- Manage quality control and ensure timely dissemination of emailers and newsletters.
Website & Social Media -
- Perform quality control checks on all new and revised content for websites and social media.
- Work closely with WRI India communications staff to ensure that the electric mobility team’s news coverage is promptly and systematically shared on the organization’s social media platforms, websites and in any newsletters, recap mailers or for external media outreach.
- Ability to create/supervise simple social media infographics/visuals and disseminate research data in a visually appealing format. Visual communication expertise and knowledge of photo editing software are a plus but not necessary.
- Facilitating webinars that involve digital planning and social media coverage in collaboration with the social media team.
- Contribute to web projects and manage backend updates.
Coordination and Other Responsibilities -
- Communicating and coordinating with partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all WRI India content disbursed to the media is precise, factual, and legally sound. Also, ensuring WRI India’s branding and style guides are adhered to in all outreach materials.
- Mapping media to specific work and pitching relevant stories in collaboration with the Media lead.
- Identifying key messages and packaging and pitching stories for dissemination.
- On-ground support for events and workshops and coordinating with local vendors.
- Minimum 3-4 years of full-time experience working as:
- Media communicator in the social sector or an environmental organization
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
- Capability to communicate complex ideas in well-organized, everyday language.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines, manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Understanding of how websites are built and basic troubleshooting.
- Basic familiarity with design software (Photoshop, InDesign) is an added benefit.
- Excellent English writing, proof reading and editing skills. The candidate must also have some digital content creation experience. Visual design knowledge/interest would be a plus.
Location: Bangalore. India
Duration: 1 Year
Potential Salary: 7,00,000 INR To 8,00,000 INR
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd