Associate Faculty/ Faculty Special Education
Organization: Tech Mahindra Foundation
Apply By: 25 Dec 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Project In-Service Teacher Education Institute (ITEI), EDMC
Location Dilshad Garden, Delhi
Position Associate Faculty/ Faculty Special Education
Number of openings 1
Job Type Full Time
Experience Minimum 3 years of experience preferably in Teacher Training in Special Education
Qualification Graduation in Psychology/Special Education/ B.Ed. Degree/B.El.Ed-Special Education/Diploma in Special Education
Tech Mahindra Foundation is the corporate social responsibility arm of Tech Mahindra Limited, a Mahindra Group Company. The Foundation set up in 2007, as a Section 25 Company (referred to as a Section 8 Company in the Companies Act, 2013), has been working tirelessly in the areas of education, employability and disability, with a keen focus on corporate volunteering. It operates across eleven locations in India.
Tech Mahindra Foundation is committed towards teacher empowerment, enrichment in learning opportunities for children, effective school governance and enhancing parental involvement in school education. Among its various education programs in six states of India with the government school system, In-service Teacher Education Institute (ITEI) is a flagship initiative of Tech Mahindra Foundation under the aegis of its programme ‘Shikhshaantar’.
The ITEI is a collaborative initiative of Tech Mahindra Foundation and Delhi Municipal Corporation. Its aim is to enhance capacity of teachers, principals, school inspectors and other stakeholders.
The first In-Service Teacher Education Institute (ITEI- EDMC) was established in year 2013 in collaboration with East Delhi Municipal Corporation in Dilshad Garden, Delhi. The second, In-service Teacher Education Institute (ITEI- NDMC) came up in 2018 in association with North Delhi Municipal Corporation at Shakti Nagar, Delhi.
Tech Mahindra Foundation invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates for its flagship initiative of ITEI for the above-mentioned vacancy
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct high-quality trainings and courses for teachers in Special Education (Visual impairment, hearing impairment, learning disability) with progressive pedagogical and adult learning methodologies
- Prepare a plan for the training program in Special Education, and provide inputs for the preparation of the training calendar of ITEI.
- Coordinate with other subject teams for planning and executing the training programs.
- Analyse the feedback on the training programs received from the teachers and other training participants and incorporate it in subsequent trainings.
- Provide direction to the special in-service teacher education program.
- Develop detailed training modules and regularly update content, resource material, etc.
- Develop modules for short term courses as well as for intensive courses.
- Develop subject-specific resource material including kits, interactive models, TLM, reference, material, assessment tools etc.
- Undertake responsibility for field testing and finalizing the developed content.
- Strengthen the Resource Centre with academic resources and teaching-learning material on Special Education.
- Research on latest methodologies, resources, approaches for enhancing the effectiveness of teaching.
Research and Development
- Develop research based specialized content and instructions to achieve the workshop goals and objectives. Explore the latest methodologies, resources, and approaches in the field of education and the expertise area to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the training modules and other resources.
- Conceptualize, design and conduct research/s on regular basis.
- Conceptualize and produce academic writings in the subject domain.
School Visit and Direct Intervention in School
- Regularly observe classroom sessions at various schools to understand the impact of the training programs and assess training requirements.
- Plan and provide on-site support to selected teachers in schools in the respective subject.
- Track a set of teachers for change in their teaching practices.
Documentation and Reporting
- Document and report the progress on the allocated tasks.
- Prepare and submit training reports, classroom observation reports, events, and other reports.
- Collaborate with teachers, team members, and other TMF members to perform the assigned tasks effectively.
- Contribute to the development and publication of Annual Report, Newsletter, and other publications.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in events organized by ITEI-EDMC.
- Participate in staff development activities and workshops which academically relevant for the subject team.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Director, ITEI-EDMC.
How to Apply
Eligible Candidates please share your updated profiles at: email@example.com
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd