Associate Scientist – Agricultural Economics
Organization: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Apply By: 10 Jun 2020
About the Organization:
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-confessional and non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and their partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Position: Associate Scientist – Agricultural Economics
ICRISAT seeks applications for the post of Associate Scientist – Agricultural Economics to strengthen the ability and to provide evidence-based solutions for making vegetables more available, affordable and accessible in lower-income countries through World Vegetable Centre. The incumbent will be based at the Center’s regional office for South Asia in Hyderabad, India. This is a position open for Indian nationals only. The person will contribute to projects mostly in South Asia. She/he will report to the Flagship Program Leader for Enabling Impact and will work closely with the research team at WorldVeg regional headquarters in Hyderabad, India.
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is an international non-profit institute for vegetable research and development. The Center mobilizes resources from the public and private sector to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. WorldVeg’s improved varieties, production and postharvest methods help farmers increase vegetable harvests, raise incomes in poor rural and urban households, create jobs, and provide healthier, more nutritious diets for families and communities.
- Lead efforts to integrate monitoring and evaluation in the design of projects/programs. This includes the use of mobile project monitoring tools to track project implementation and the adoption of innovations.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies on vegetable value chains and studies identifying opportunities and constraints to the scaling of innovation.
- Contribute to the design of sound scaling methods for technologies and interventions.
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- Provide guidance to colleagues and partners on issues of impact evaluation, vegetable value chains and opportunities and constraints to innovation.
- Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A recent PhD degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Development Studies or a related discipline with a strong focus on applied research.
- Experience in conducting and analyzing farm household surveys.
- Skills in qualitative research methods will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English. Proficiency in one or more Indian languages will be an added advantage.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Duration: The position is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and will be initially for 3 years with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance and funding availability.
Applicants should apply on or before 10 June 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience.
For more information please check the Link
MICA CDMC Masterclass (Virtual): Development Communication Design for Social Impact and CSR Partnerships. Register Now
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd