Apply By: 18 Jul 2022
About the Organization
We build and support movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world.
We use public mobilization and storytelling to help the leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
Purpose is seeking a Campaign Director to spearhead the Purpose Climate Lab's India portfolio and join our internationally diverse campaigns team. The ideal candidate will have strong public mobilization campaigning and leadership experience, with a background in climate or a related issue area being a plus.
You should have approximately 10 years work experience, including several years managing multidisciplinary teams and complex projects, and serving as a lead representative with clients and stakeholders, including senior leadership of major foundations, NGOs, and corporations. You should have experience in and enthusiasm for fundraising or new business.
This role will be responsible for managing the Climate Lab’s India portfolio of campaigns — creating innovative and inspiring campaign strategy, overseeing implementation, ensuring projects are on-budget and on-time, and tracking against long-term strategy and KPIs. The PCL Campaign Director will work in conjunction with the Climate Lab’s leadership team and in-country program and project managers, to ensure high-quality project design, implementation, measurement and reporting.
.Directors play a leadership role on our Campaign team, lead campaign projects, collaborate with our creative campaigning team, manage clients, proactively seek out new ways to grow the business, and contribute to the development of the wider Campaign team.
We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
- CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT, MANAGEMENT AND INNOVATION
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING & MANAGEMENT
- Build, prototype, and launch new online and offline campaigns and accelerate the most promising existing efforts
- Provide decision making, oversight and troubleshooting capacity on a number of campaigns being executed simultaneously
- Drive insights and build innovative ways of campaigning in the Indian context; and support thinking of campaign development in international offices
- Play a role in the development and constant refinement of our model of acceleration and creation: How do we assess which projects are the most impactful? How do we create quantum and not just incremental change?
- ADVISE PARTNERS / Cultivates trusted advisor status with senior client contacts; able to steer stakeholders towards stronger outcomes; and negotiates persuasively to create solutions that address the interests of others.
- COLLABORATION / Integrate into the partner outreach process and identify engagement opportunities for campaign collaboration
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT / Manage partnerships with clients, vendors, partners and corporations
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / Grows the Purpose India project pipeline, identifies new BD opportunities, can convert leads into Purpose business opportunities, and leverages issue or functional expertise.
- COMPANY & TEAM BUILDING
- ISSUE AREAS / Work will be across issue areas, with focus on climate change. Provides contacts or issue area advice to other project and BD teams, and clients and prospects; and builds stature in the issue area.
- DEVELOPMENT, FEEDBACK & COACHING / Manages multiple people with their long-term career in mind; develops their professional development skills as managers; proactively seeks unofficial mentorship opportunities; and creates an open environment for two-way feedback.
- PRODUCTIVITY & SELF-ACCOUNTABILITY / Sets the standard and models leadership on internal and external projects through strong expectation management, direction and delegation; and fosters ownership and commitment in others.
- CULTURE, CONDUCT, COLLABORATION / Sets expectations and holds self and others accountable to Purpose standards; and supports and guides others in maintaining positive and respectful relationships, particularly during times of conflict/change.
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years work experience, including several years managing multidisciplinary teams and complex projects
- Campaign or communications background, ideally from a leading consultancy/agency or non-profit advocacy organisation, serving as a lead representative with clients and stakeholders, including senior leadership of major foundations, NGOs, and corporations, with a demonstrated track record leading complex projects with multidisciplinary teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience managing large-scale campaigns from concept through execution, including Developing and executing campaigns across channels, including earned and paid media, content-led strategies, and direct action
- Experience running iterative, agile, and/or lean campaigns that emphasise experimentation and scaling of success, ideally within a technology context
- Established relationships with key advocacy organisations, including experience working in partnership
- Background in political advocacy, organising, digital marketing, public policy, or related field
- Understanding of Indian campaigning landscape
- Ability to manage a young, dynamic and ambitious team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High bar for quality, rigor, and integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues'
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organising and advocacy
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd