Organization: International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
Apply By: 02 Jul 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is a non-profit, scientific research organization focusing on the sustainable use of water and land resources in developing countries. IWMI works in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural water management solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health.
Position: Communication Specialist
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) has an exciting opportunity for an innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional to provide communication support for IWMI’s work in India, particularly for projects in India dealing with water and agriculture productivity, policy influence and advocacy, climate change adaptation in agriculture, IWMI Tata Program (ITP) and public-private partnerships aimed at reducing poverty through agriculture-related economic growth and investment.
Reporting to IWMI Representative-India, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide strategic communication support for project managers and researchers; develop communication and content for IWMI’s projects; provide communication support for conferences and other events by assisting in the development of meeting agendas and engagement strategies, participate in events, with the aim of synthesizing and communicating key messages, social media reporting, and promote key events with the media and communication specialists from partner organizations; and support the IWMI Representative-India to prepare relevant reports and presentations.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in journalism, communications, international development or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in communication or development, preferably for an international organization working in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Hindi communication skills.
- Good understanding of Visual sensibility – graphic design; photography etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks; close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social networking tools.
- Ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
Duration: The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension.
Closing date: July 2, 2020
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd