Organization: Restless Development
Apply By: 28 Oct 2020
About Restless Development
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Are you able to bring to life the story of a young female entrepreneur in Tanzania or a young man ending child marriage in India? Can you collaborate with colleagues around the world to create powerful content and use our digital channels to make sure it reaches our audiences of supporters, volunteers and activists? Do you like working in a young, vibrant, friendly and sociable organisation? If so, we’re looking for you.
You will join a supportive and talented communications team that works global and nationally, working closely with colleagues based in our different Hubs, especially communications staff sitting in Delhi and London. We need you to be proactive, organised, and willing to learn quickly. It’s a really exciting role for anyone starting out on their career in communications and keen to be part of the leading agency supporting young people to make change happen. About the role The Communications Officer will be a member of the global communications team, and will be based in India.
The main role responsibilities are:
1) Digital content:
- Work across teams to schedule social media posts promoting our projects, work and opportunities Use Canva and photoshop to design social media content to drive growth and engagement
- Support the Communications Coordinator with blog editing Compiling and managing our blog newsletters for readers and contributors Work with the CRM lead in the fundraising team, supporting them with regular content to share with their fundraising audiences.
- Create, edit and publish new pages on the website
- Support contact management through civi CRM
2) Story gathering:
- Support staff around the world to capture stories, photos and content about youth-led change
- Working with the Communications Coordinator, to edit content to suit different platforms and audiences
- Transcribe interviews and copy edit stories about our work for media, advocacy and fundraising purposes
- Work closely with the Communications Coordinator to populate our content planner, keeping up to date with mainstream issues to ensure our content and stories are timely
- Give training and advice through remote support to colleagues and young volunteers in our 10 countries around the world, to increase their story gathering and digital marketing skills.
- Work closely with the fundraising team to develop content for key moments in our fundraising calendar Identify stories that could be pitched to media Keep our story bank up to date and provide staff with technical support, including curating collections for staff and external partner use.
3) Multimedia production and design:
- Edit social media video content collected by freelancers and staff around the world, for dissemination on a variety of platforms to a variety of audiences (some experience required but not essential, can be trained)
- Occasionally design simple print materials for a range of audiences or work with freelance designers
- Data collection and basic evaluation Support with reactive media opportunities Please find more information in the Job Description at https://restlessdevelopment.org/opportunities-listing/communications-officer/
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd