Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Apply By: 21 Jun 2021
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can sustain progress. As the UN’s development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. One of the main reasons that UNDP is a trusted development partner all over the world is because it operates according to the principles and values of the United Nations. That means respecting each country’s control over its own future, while bringing countries together to work on shared goals and challenges.
Job Position: Communications Specialist
Job Location: New Delhi
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing strategic communication and advocacy to support the 2030 Agenda and to enhance outreach and engagements to strengthen programme communications both at the national as well as the state levels.
- Planning and executing communications need assessments for India CO (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc.) and ensuring that the findings are reflected in campaign and public advocacy strategies.
- Ensuring strategic implementation of the CO’s External and Internal Communications Action Plans, in line with the global and corporate strategic priorities.
- Providing guidance and advice on inclusion of communications in programme and projects designs and strategies.
- Identifying and assessing potential issues, concerns and risks related to communications and advocacy, and suggesting corrective actions to the Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Ensuring regular media monitoring and analyzes, especially in the thematic areas related to the UNDP’s mandates and programmes in the country, as well as other issues relevant to the UNDP brand and positioning;
- Supporting the RR and Senior Management to highlight and promote thought leadership and managing reputational risks and crises around core issues.
- Ensuring that communication performance indicators are identified, incorporated, monitored and reported against, in line with the global and regional communications results matrix.
- Ensuring implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy.
- Building capacities of staff for better understanding of publication policies and guidelines so that all communication products align to the global UNDP branding and publication protocols.
- Identifying and development of select impact stories for publications and reports contributing to debates on key development issues.
- Coordination and management of all CO publication activities, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printers and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Developing digital media strategy to enhance external and internal communications, audience engagements and outreach through UNDP India website, social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), Intranet and on-line collaboration platforms, etc.
- Supervising and preparing content for the web sites and social media platforms to ensure high-quality content creation and strategic dissemination.
- Exploring applicability of new and emerging tools and techniques on digital communications and advocacy activities to reach a wider, younger and newer audience groups to expand UNDP’s networks.
- Monitoring and evaluating campaign and digital media engagements to improve strategies and enhance audience engagements.
- Planning and implementing strategic campaigns and outreach to position UNDP as a though leader within the development space.
- Promoting public information campaigns and key messages on SDGs and UNDP priorities and results.
- Promoting and disseminating corporate advocacy materials to promote UNDP’s flagship initiatives and publication, in collaboration with relevant partners and media.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Master's degree in Mass Communications, Marketing or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in communications or public advocacy. Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization will be an added advantage but not mandatory. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station. Other official language of the UN will be desirable
For more information, please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd