Consultant (Health Policy Research), CON-HPR
Organization: National Health Authority (NHA), MoHFW, GoI
Apply By: 16 Aug 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Consultant (Health Policy Research)
CON-HPR, National Health Authority (NHA), MoHFW, GoI
1. POSITIONS VACANT: Consultant- (Health Policy Research), CON-HPR, National Health Authority (NHA), MoHFW, GoI (One Vacancy)
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body, responsible for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), India’s flagship health assurance scheme, providing health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family, per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization, to over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families, or approximately 50 crore beneficiaries.
NHAis tasked with implementingPM-JAY at the national level.
State Health Agencies (SHAs)have been instituted by concerned statesto implement PM-JAYat the state level. SHAs have full operational autonomy to implement PM-JAYin theirstate.
Key Functions of NHA
Key functions of the NHA include the following:
(1) Formulation of operational guidelines, model documents and contracts, to ensure standardization and interoperability of PM-JAY;
(2) Effective implementation and regular monitoring of PM-JAY, across the country, including initiation of suitable action for course correction, as necessary;
(3) Coordination with various State Governments on a regular basis for implementingPM-JAY;
(4) Acting as an apex body for SHAs that have been set up to implement PM-JAY.
For more information about NHA, please visit https://pmjay.gov.in/about/nha
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager (Operations), theConsultant- (Health Policy Research)shall be responsible forundertaking research, compiling and disseminating key insights for policy recommendations to enable the enhancement of PM-JAY.
(1) Develop working papers, policy briefs, research papers to analyse utilization of PM-JAY;
(2) Analyse data and provide insights and policy recommendations, for the enhancement of the scheme;
(3) Design and implement effective trigger mechanisms and predictive models to extract insights from quantitative and qualitative data;
(4) Designing data collection systems and analysing results to support the effective implementation of the health assurance scheme;
(5) Ideate with team members to extract insights and apply the same in their role where applicable;
(6) Compile and disseminate key insights from research outputs in the form of case studies, learning notes, reports and publications, policy white papers, infographics, or other dissemination materials, to support key themes and messages of strategic importance;
(7) Ensure the effective communicate of findings internally, helpingapply learnings to work plans and activities;
(8) Work with senior management to prioritize information needs and meet management reporting requirements;
(9) Develop a knowledge repository on latest healthcare trends and research, as may be relevant for PM- JAY and fraud control;
(10) Any other work that may be assigned under PM-JAY.
4. QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or other related discipline, from a recognized University/ Institute.
Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, from a recognized University/ Institute, shall be an advantage.
Two years’ experience in research in the area of healthcare.
Prior experience of research in the area of health policy shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Proficiency in statistical data analysis and tools;
(2) Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
(3)Computer literate with knowledge and experience of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint;
(4) Proficient in drafting notes and letters in English and Hindi, with emphasis on spelling, punctuation, grammar and other language skills;
(5) Language skills in English and Hindi.
5. VACANCY DETAILS: One vacancy
6. AGE LIMIT:
Not less than 25 years and not exceeding 35 years, as on the last date for receiving applications.
7. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs. 85,000/- per month.
8. LOCATION:New Delhi, NHA Office.
9.CONTRACT TYPE AND PERIOD:
The post-holder shall be engaged on a consultancy contract, initially for a period of 12 months, extendable thereafter, on the basis of performance and approval by NHA.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011-41011564/65; 4081 9900
12. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.sams.co.in by or before August 16, 2020, 11:59:59 PM.
Online Application Link: https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/NHA
Please Note: Only information input by candidatesinto theironline application form, shall be considered for the purposes of confirming eligibility and assessing their candidature. The CV document uploadedby candidates shall be considered to comprise supplementary information, only. Requests by candidates to consider supplementary information provided in the CV document for the purposes of determining eligibility or awarding assessment scores shall not be entertained. Applications submitted through non-online modes,shall be deemed invalid.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd