Consultant - Content Creation
Organization: Breakthrough Trust
Apply By: 10 Aug 2020
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
The Consultant would be responsible for content creation for our digital campaigns and for donor communications.
- Ideation and content writing for Breakthrough's digital fundraising work. (Internal, Digital agency, Partnerships)
- Ideation and content writing for communication material that goes to our donors.
- Ideation and content writing for fundraising events (digital and on-ground)
- Coordination with resource mobilization and media team for all fundraising content work.
- Create engaging content for blogs, articles, social media, and website.
- Edit existing content to improve readability.
- Prepare well-structured long-format articles periodically.
Desired Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Graduation is a must. Post-Graduation will be preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in content creation.
- Understanding of violence against women, gender and human rights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent copy and content writing skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
A bout Breakthrough:
Breakthrough was founded in 1999; with a mission to make violence and discrimination against women and girls unacceptable. Our work is transformative; focused on changing the norms and culture that perpetuate inequity and violence. Breakthrough does this by building a critical mass of change agents worldwide — the Breakthrough Generation — whose bold collective action will deliver irreversible impact on the issue of our time. We create innovative, relevant multimedia campaigns, tools, and programmes that reach individuals and institutions where they are, inspiring and equipping them to build a world in which all people live with dignity, equality, and justice.
We currently work with over 400,000 adolescents across 5 states of India and help shape the gender attitudes and behaviours of boys and girls at an age when alternative narratives about gender roles and stereotypes can be explored. Breakthrough is now seeking to scale up this programme to more than 1 million adolescents across 5 states over the next 4 years.
Breakthrough reaches over to 10,000 women on factory floors to help them overcome the discrimination and violence they face at work and in their homes. Working to remove the stigma faced by working women, Breakthrough engages families, community members, peers and factory management in ensuring working women are supported and given equal opportunities.
Breakthrough’s first project was Mann ke Manjeeré , an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence to the fore. Since then, Breakthrough has built its award-winning campaigns around the notion that “human rights start with you” -- with individuals moved to bring the values of dignity, equality, and justice into their homes and personal spheres. Bell Bajao, our iconic campaign on domestic violence was advocated for by Ban ki Moon, the UN Secretary general, has won the prestigious silver lion at Cannes amongst other awards, and was adopted my several countries – Vietnam, China, Pakistan and Canada. Our campaigns have reached more than 400 million people globally and have created important dialogue on issues like domestic violence, sexual harassment, early marriage and gender biased sex selection.
The position holder will be expected to work in line with organisational values which are:
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child safeguarding.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit – www.inbreakthrough.org
Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10thAugust,2020 with job title mentioned in the subject line.
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd